Location: EU Locations
Closing Date: 16 Apr 17
Salary (£): Competitive
The Director, BD will be responsible for generating new business and managing key accounts in the EU. The successful individual will be supporting our Oncology division working towards new Phase II & III full service opportunities. The main focus will be Phase III development across a very broad territory. We’re specifically interested in candidates with strong networks in France and the UK.
The Oncology team has specialist expertise, knowledge and understanding from working in collaboration with well established Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies to develop ground breaking Oncology therapies. The Oncology team has worked on over 500 studies. We are working on a number of high profile molecular target cancer therapies, traditional chemotherapy as well as those involving targeted therapies with small molecules, immunotherapy and vaccine, virus and gene therapies. The Oncology team is a smaller business unit so you have genuine opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility whilst knowing you are part of strategically placed Global CRO. We offer a positive and friendly working environment. Strong team spirit where staff are all pulling together as a cohesive unit with a genuine contribution to global Oncology research.
Check out the Oncology section on our website! http://www.chiltern.com/therapeutic-expertise/oncology/
We can be flexible on experience provided the applicant can demonstrate the key attributes and depth of industry experience to support the position. You should have a strong network of contacts, have attended and presented at bid defence and have a deep understanding of the clinical development process and current trends.
Chiltern, a global contract research organization, is a leading provider of clinical services and solutions in a variety of therapeutic areas with engagement models for biopharmaceutical and medical device industries. Chiltern’s team of more than 4,300, located across 47 countries, provides comprehensive Clinical Development, Medical & Scientific Affairs, Data & Analysis, Pharmacovigilance and Strategic Regulatory services using a collaborative approach for more efficient clinical trials. Visit Chiltern.com to learn more about how Chiltern is Designed Around You®.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified client account(s).
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within account and develop deep knowledge of the client organization.
• Analyse potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each client account and develop associated business plans
• Map key Chiltern stakeholders to their peer individuals at the client account to ensure increasing intimacy between Chiltern and client accounts.
• Provide leadership and direction in client activities to ensure the relationship is leveraging Chiltern’s capabilities and service offerings.
• Collaborate with Chiltern business development leaders to plan and implement sales activities. Recommend bid defence team participants to Business Development leadership. Educate team participants in client culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Ensures all post award follow-up related to the sale is expertly handled and supports the completion of all contractual documents
• Provide Perform other duties as required by the Department
• University Degree in life sciences or related discipline
• Master’s Degree Preferred
• Extensive experience within the pharmaceutical and CRO market selling full service
• A strong network of clients in Europe
• Proven experience in lead generation and managing key accounts
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee data and information during interactions with staff at all levels
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior managers and professionals in client and sponsor organizations
• Good computer literacy with working knowledge of PCs, Windows and Microsoft Office applications
• This is a full time permanent role, office or home based
• For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone +44 (0) 1753 216 674. To apply, please send your CV to Steven Dilworth, Director, Internal Recruitment EU - firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more information about Chiltern International, please visit our web site at www.chiltern.com
• Please note that if your experience does not mirror that of our requirements for this role you may not receive a response
171 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.