Amsterdam, 20 September 2016: CPhI Worldwide, organised by UBM EMEA, announces the finalists for this year’s CPhI Pharma Awards. In its 13th anniversary, the awards will honour companies and individuals driving the pharma industry forward through innovations, new approaches, technologies and strategies. Over 100 entries were received by leading companies from the pharma industry, across 12 categories to make this the biggest event in the awards’ history.
The winners will be revealed at the CPhI Pharma Awards Gala taking place on Tuesday 4th October at Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I in Barcelona. The gala will gather awards entrants, judges, industry decision makers and influencers, press and partners to celebrate the best in pharma.
The list of finalists per category include:
1. Excellence in Pharma: API Development
· Haruan Cream, Abmanan Biomedical Sdn Bhd
· ACHIEVE – Accelerating the delivery of quality, life-changing medicines to the patient, APC Ltd
· The Translation of a Potent Agents into Approved Drugs, Ash Stevens Inc, part of Piramal
· Novel Synthesis of Dronedarone Intermediate, Cambrex
· Novel Synthesis of Lacosamide, Cambrex
· Micronised Fenofibrate API, Harman Fenochem Ltd
· PathX: Novel Pathways for Producing APIs via Fermentation, Intrexon
· Asymmetric Synthesis of APIs, Piramal
2. Excellence in Pharma: Formulation and Excipients
· Using Intrinsically Enteric Capsule Technology To Deliver Enteric Protection and Delayed Release Achieved Without Functional Coating, Capsugel
· Pediatric Dosage Form – Hydrocortison, Diurnal
· Pediatric Dosage Form – Hydrocortison, Glatt GmbH
· TCC TB – Tricalcium citrate as excipient for direct compression, Jungbunzlauer Ladenburg GmbH
· Parteck® SRP 80 Excipient, Merck KGaA
3. Excellence in Pharma: Manufacturing Technology and Equipment
· Enzymatic synthesis of cyclic imino acids and their derivatives, API Corporation
· Rispharm CRC TE, Berry Plastics
· The Future of Continuous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: ConsiGma™, GEA Group
· Implementation of laser treatment-technology in the manufacturing process of Nipro’s D2F™ pre-filled syringes (PFS), Nipro Pharma Packaging
· Mobius® 1000 L Bioreactor, Merck KGaA
· End-to-End-Continuous Manufacturing: chemical synthesis, workup and liquid formulation, Microinnova Engineering GmbH
4. Excellence in Pharma: Bioprocessing
· BioSC® Lab: DSP Purification Breakthrough for the Biopharma Industry, Novasep
· The Pioneer in the commercial manufacture of ADCs, Piramal Pharma
5. Excellence in Pharma: Analysis, Testing, and Quality Control
· Robust analytical method for evaluation of aliphatic amine impurities in API by RP-HPLC, Biophore India Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
· Robust and Rugged analytical method for evaluation and Quantitation of very low level of inorganic impurities in inorganic API by HPLC, Biophore India Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
· NanoLIBS, B&W Tek
· HDX Analysis of Proteins, SGS
6. Excellence in Pharma: Drug Delivery Devices
· 3M™ Intelligent Control Inhaler, 3M
· Single Dose Nasal Applicator, Harro Höfliger
· Tailor-made injections with Safelia®: self-inject even the most difficult formulations, Nemera
· Ibuprofen in Unistraw Delivery System (UDS), SRS Life Sciences Pte. Ltd.
· 3Dose™ Unit Dose Injector, TKS Laboratory Europe B.V.
· BPA FREE NEEDLE™, TKS Laboratory Europe B.V.
· THE INViSIBLE NEEDLE™, TKS Laboratory Europe B.V.
7. Excellence in Pharma: Packaging
· Faller Pharma Compliance Pack, August Faller GmbH & Co KG
· Automatic ampoule packaging, Edelmann GmbH
· Folding box with printed electronics, Edelmann GmbH
· INTERACTIVE PACKAGING, Erbalab
· Twist’n’brush™ – an innovative single-dose application system developed by Neopac and GEKA, Hoffmann Neopac AG
· JOMA Pills Dispenser, JOMA Kunststofftechnik GmbH Co KG
· VIALEX – Premium Technology for Surface control, Nipro Packaging
· PhutureMed™: Advanced Packaging Solution for Pharmaceuticals, Palladio Group SpA together with E ink
· PYCLEAR™ PROTECTION: Patient Protection & Cost-Efficiency, Pylote SA
· CPhI Pharma Awards 2016 – Application adaptiQ® – Fast Forward Now, Schott AG
· A New Paradigm in Primary Parenteral Packaging, SiO2 Medical Products
· VIAL ROBOTIC FILLING LINE, Steriline
8. Excellence in Pharma: Supply Chain, Logistics, and Distribution
· HP3 – Hybrid Pharma Packaging Partner, Origin Pharma Packaging
· Leveraging a global network to ensure supply, reduce costs and shorten timelines for biologic supply, Patheon
· MENA region, Raising Star with New Challenges, Pharma Venture Mena FZC
· Biotech distribution platform enables cold chain excellence, Pharmaserv Logistics
9. Excellence in Pharma: Contract Services and Outsourcing
· Sirdupla™, 3M
· Merck’s Translational Medicine Guide Transforms the Drug Development Process, Merck KGaA
· OptiForm Solution Suite and OptiForm Solution Suite Bio, Catalent Pharma Solutions
10. Excellence in Pharma: Regulatory Procedures and Compliance
· Freyr Global Labeling Xcellence (GLX) Framework, Freyr Solutions
· Emprove® Program, Merck KGaA
· TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud: Tracelink
11. Excellence in Pharma: Corporate Social Responsibility
· Partnerships for a Better World – Traceable & Sustainable Harvesting of Phytochemicals medicinal plants with ethical use of biodiversity, Centroflora CMS S.a.r.l.
· Foster grandchildren, Farmak Joint Stock Company
· GLI (Global Laboratory Initiative), GRIFOLS
· RAI (Child Nutrition support Program), GRIFOLS
· Centella asiatica Project in Madagascar, Indena S.p.A.
· Improving access to medicines for all, International Health Partners
12. Excellence in Pharma: CEO of the Year
· Steven. M. Klosk, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cambrex
· Udit Batra, Ph.D., Member of the Executive Board of Merck KgAa and CEO, life science business of Merck
· Satya Ramani Vadlamani, Chairperson and Managing Director, Murli Krishna Pharma Pvt.Ltd
· Prof. Austin McDonald, CEO of OncoGenerix China
· Dr. Lukas von Hippel, Managing Director, Pharma Waldhof GmbH
To reserve a table for the CPhI Pharma Awards Gala, please visit: http://awards.cphi.com/gala/
Notes to editors
CPhI drives growth and innovation at every step of the global pharmaceutical supply chain from drug discovery to finished dosage. Through exhibitions, conferences and online communities, CPhI brings together more than 100,000 pharmaceutical professionals each year to network, identify business opportunities and expand the global market. CPhI hosts events in Europe, Korea, China, India, Japan, Southeast Asia, Istanbul and Russia, and co-locates with ICSE for contract services, P-MEC for machinery, equipment & technology, InnoPack for pharmaceutical packaging and BioPh for biopharma. CPhI provides an online buyer & supplier directory at CPhI-Online.com.
For more information visit: www.cphi.com
The UBM EMEA annual schedule of Pharmaceutical events includes: CPhI, ICSE, P-MEC, FDF and InnoPack Worldwide (4-6 October, 2016, Fira de Barcelona Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain); CPhI & P-MEC India (21-23 November, 2016, BEC and BKC Exhibition and Convention Centres, Mumbai, India), Pharmapack Europe (01-02 February, 2017); CPhI Istanbul (8-10 March, 2017 at the IFC Istanbul Expo Center, Istanbul, Turkey); CPhI, P-MEC and Innopack South East Asia (22-24 March, 2017 at the Jakarta International Expo- Jakarta, Indonesia); CPhI Russia (28 March – 30 March, 2017 at JSC VDNH (VVC), Pavilion 75, Hall A, Moscow); CPhI, ICSE, P-MEC, BioPh and InnoPack Japan (19-21 April, 2017 at the Big Sight Exhibition Centre- Tokyo); InformEx (16-18 May, 2017); CPhI China and P-MEC (20-22 June, 2017 at SNIEC, Shanghai, China); CPhI Korea (22-24 August, 2017)
About UBM EMEA
UBM EMEA connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands, and expand their market. Through premier brands such as TFM&A, Internet World, IFSEC, MD&M, CPhI, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, Websites, and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Alex Heeley or Nadine Caillaux
De Facto Communications
T: +44 (0) 203 735 8168
E: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Last updated on: 20/09/2016
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.