According to Stratistics MRC, global medical device coatings market is valued at $7.64 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $14.47 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 9.5% between 2015 and 2022. Rising consumer awareness about minimally invasive surgeries, rising global population and expansion of the medical products manufacturing are the factors favouring the market growth. Furthermore, increasing awareness about hygiene, growing disposable income in developed regions and growth in medical industries in emerging regions is anticipated to boost the global market to certain extent. However, instability of raw material prices and stringent government regulations are the factors hampering the market growth.
By product, anti-microbial coatings segment is estimated to account for the largest share and hydrophilic coatings is projected to be the fastest growing product segment during the forecast period. North America dominated the global medical device coatings market due to technological advancements and established healthcare infrastructure. Asia Pacific is expected to witness highest growth on account of rising demand from end-users and increased manufacturing of medical devices.
Some of the major players in the global market include Abbott Laboratories, Royal DSM N.V., Bayer Material Science LLC, DSM Biomedical, PPG Industries, Inc., Precision Coating Company, Inc., Specialty Coating Systems, Inc., AST Products, Inc., Covalon Technologies Ltd., Harland Medical Systems, Inc., SurModics, Inc., Sono-Tek Corporation, Hydromer, Inc., Hemoteq AG, BioCoat, Inc. and Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
• Hydrophilic coatings
• Anti-thrombogenic coatings
• Anti-microbial coatings
• Dry lubricants coating
• Drug-eluting coatings
• Other Products
• Drug Delivery
• Medical Devices
• Medical Equipments & Tools
• Other Applications
End Users Covered:
• General surgery
• Other End Users
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
o Middle East
o South Africa
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancement
Last updated on: 18/10/2016
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.