Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Remicade (Infliximab) Biosimilar Clinical Trial Insight" clinical trials to their offering.
The Remicade (Infliximab) Biosimilar Clinical Trial Insight report gives comprehensive clinical insight on 17 biosimilar version of Remicade drug in clinical pipeline. Currently there are 2 biosimilars in Phase-III trials and are expected to be commercially available in next 5-8 years. Currently 3 biosimilar version of Remicade are commercially available in India, Brazil and European countries for the treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patent on Remicade is set to expire in 2018 for US and 2017 for rest of world.
Remicade is the trade name for infliximab which is a chimeric monoclonal antibody biologic drug, marketed by Janssen Biotech. Infliximab is used to fight against tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a) to treat auto immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. The drug is a purified form of recombinant DNA-derived human-mouse monoclonal antibodies consisting of mouse and human's heavy and light chain variable regions. It is a prescribed drug, approved by Food and Drug Association for the treatment of Crohn's disease, Pediatric Crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis and Plaque psoriatic.
FDA approved infliximab in September 2006, for chronic Plaque Psoriasis. Infliximab comes under the form of naturally occurring antibodies (anti-TNF bodies) with the ability to neutralize all forms of TNF. It is capable of breaking down of cell causing inflammatory process. Biological activities such as pro inflammatory cytokines, enhancement of leukocyte movement and increasing the release of adhesion molecules are attributed to TNF-a.
Similar to other TNF inhibitors, infliximab is an expensive drug costing range from US$ 1300 - US$ 2500 for every dosage. It is manufactured as a sterile lyophilized white freeze dried powder which necessarily requires administration and reconstitution by a health care professional. Due to this need of extra care during treatment and infusion of remicade, it is a part of major health insurances.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Remicade (Infliximab) Clinical Insight
2. Infliximab Biosimilar - Amgen
3. Infliximab Biosimilar - Axxo
4. Infliximab Biosimilar - Biocad
5. Infliximab Biosimilar - Bionovis/The Instituto Vital Brazil
6. Infliximab Biosimilar - BioXpress Therapeutics
7. Infliximab Biosimilar - Celltrion
8. Infliximab Biosimilar - Curaxys
9. Infliximab Biosimilar - Genor Biopharma
10. Infliximab Biosimilar - Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals
11. Infliximab Biosimilar - LG Life Sciences
12. Infliximab Biosimilar - Merck & Co/Samsung Bioepis
13. Infliximab Biosimilar - Nanogen Biopharmaceutical
14. Infliximab Biosimilar - Nichiiko Pharmaceutical/Aprogen
15. Infliximab Biosimilar - Pfizer
16. Infliximab Biosimilar - Reliance Life Sciences
17. Infliximab Biosimilar - Shanghai CP Guojian Pharmaceutical
18. Infliximab Biosimilar - Therapeutic Proteins International
For more information about this clinical trials report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vk69lq/remicade
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161019005721/en/Business Wire
Last updated on: 19/10/2016
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.