NEW YORK, Oct. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Osteoarthritis in 9 Major Markets
Osteoarthritis (OA), also known as degenerative joint disease / degenerative arthritis, is an inflammation of the articular cartilage and sub-chondral bone. OA is actually a collection of diseases rather than one disease per se: can be primary (chronic degenerative disorder related to but not caused by age, with a strong genetic linkage - reports of ~ 60%) or secondary (caused by injury, infection / inflammation and as a consequence of other chronic diseases).
Regardless of origin, the resulting pathology is the same, with bone growth into the joint capsule. OA can affect any joint, however is predominantly found in weight-bearing joints such as knees and hips. Other common sites are hands, feet and spine.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Osteoarthritis across 9 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan and India) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Osteoarthritis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
There are a number of conditions that co-occur with OA including:
- Congenital joint abnormalities (Marfan syndrome)
- Metabolic defects (eg, hemochromatosis, Wilson disease)
- Infections (causing post infectious arthritis)
- Endocrine and neuropathic diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Osteoarthritis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Osteoarthritis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Osteoarthritis's prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Osteoarthritis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Osteoarthritis patients.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04246011-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
For more information:
Last updated on: 30/10/2016
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.