Director Business Development - Germany - CRO - Contract Research Organisation
Company: Morgan Prestwich Pharmaceutical Recruitment
Location: Any European location - Home or Office based
Closing Date: 15 Mar 17
Salary (£): Negotiable
Benefits: Commission, Car Allowance, Pension, Benefits etc
My CRO client is seeking a talented Director/Senior Director Business Development to sell their core services in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Reporting into the European Head of Business Development, this is a unique opportunity to work with a global provider of Clinical Research Services.
This is a new senior position created due to the large amount of business in the region, you will working with the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the region as well as being tasked with the development of new accounts and new business.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and a higher level degree (Master or PhD, MBA) desirable.
- An established senior level network with some of the world's top 25 Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies.
- Proven track record of identifying and securing full service business in top tier accounts.
- Experience in developing new Late Phase business opportunities.
- Analytical approach to business.
- Skilled in performing presentations and leading meetings.
- Demonstrable competency in sales or business development preferably for a Contract Research Organisation or company providing services to the healthcare industry.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- A solid understanding of the clinical process (Phase II - IV) coupled with a desire to develop existing knowledge.
- Knowledge of EMA regulated drug development process helpful.
- Good skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Sound understanding of the principles of Key Account Management
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent planning/organisational skills and ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Results orientated.
- Responsive and strong customer focus.
- Display an open and flexible attitude, with a desire to support others and genuinely operate within a team structure.
- Demonstrate professionalism and presents a positive image of company. Understand the customer’s needs before presenting a solution. Effectively handles challenging customer situations. Maintain a high energy level when interacting with customers.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with others. Work effectively with different types of people.
- Proactively attitude and drive to develop senior level business relationships.
- Consistently proven sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with other Senior Executives to facilitate joint customer development.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Commission and Bonus Plan, with stretch targets, and the potential to significantly exceed base salary through the meeting of targets and objectives
- Attractive pension
- Car Allowance
- Private health for employee and dependants
- Life assurance and disability insurance cover
Please send your CV to Ben Morina - firstname.lastname@example.org
Business development, BD, senior, director, germany, switzerland, Austria, European, europe, sales, CRO, Contract research, clinical research, phase, late phase, Phase IV, Phase I - IV, full service, registries, post marketing