Location: Waltham, MA or Chesterbrook, PA office.
Closing Date: 07 May 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
Cytel Inc. is a leading provider of clinical research services and trial design and analysis software/services primarily for the biopharmaceutical, medical device, academic and government researchers. All 25 leading global biopharmaceutical companies use our technology to design, simulate and analyze their clinical studies. Pioneers of the supporting statistical methods, every adaptive trial we've designed has been accepted by international regulators.
We are seeking a Senior Programmer for a FSP contract with a well-respected, leading biotechnology firm. This high visibility role responsible for data manipulation, analysis and reporting of clinical trial data, both safety and efficacy, including, but not limited to creation of analysis files, tables, listings, and figures, validation of those files, maintenance of associated tracking and validation documentation, and the creation and validation of CDISC SDTMs.
You will provide technical and process-related guidance to team members and be tasked with leading lead sub-team projects with minimal or no supervision. A majority of your work will be hands-on statistical programming, and you will be expected to perform complicated programming tasks quickly and efficiently. You should feel comfortable working in a team environment, where team members may be distributed globally.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Lead small team projects
• Assist in some of the tasks of the Study Lead Programmer when requested
• Provide guidance to Study Programmers when requested
• Interact and collaborate with study team members from other functions
• Assist SDTM implementer as required
• Create specification documents as required
• Collaborate with NONMEM programmers as required
You will be located in our Chesterbrook, PA office or for experienced candidate working remotely will be considered.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have a BA/BSc or higher degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Life Sciences or other related scientific subject, and a minimum 5 years of relevant career statistical programming experience in a clinical development environment. Additionally, we require:
• Excellent SAS data manipulation, analysis and reporting skills
• Familiarity with drug development life cycle and experience with the manipulation, analysis and reporting of clinical trials data
• Working knowledge of latest CDISC SDTM standards and familiar with CDISC ADaM and Define standards
• Ability to work effectively and successfully in a globally dispersed team environment with cross-cultural partners
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to provide quality output and deliverables, in adherence with challenging timelines
• Willingness and ability to learn and follow Company’s standard processes and procedures.
• Ability to lead small team projects effectively
• Ability to effectively perform complex statistical programming and related tasks
• Willingness and ability to provide guidance to team members on technical and process questions
• Strong ability to implement the latest CDISC SDTM, CDISC ADaM, and Define standards
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary-based package, bonus, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, plus a contributing 401K plan.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
You must be eligible to live and work in the US in order to apply for this role.
Key Words: Programmer, Lead Programmer, Lead Programmer, Principal Programmer, Clinical Programmer, Statistics, Stato, Statistical Programmer, Biostatistics, SAS, R, Programmer, Scientist, Statistician, SAS Programmer, SAS, STAT, STATA, EAST, StatXact, home based, SAS, SDTM, CDISC, ADaM, Macro, SAP, FDA, EMEA, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Biotechnology, CRO, Medical Devices, field based, flexible working,
675 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge, MA 02139 USA
|Tel:||001 617 661 2011|
|Fax:||001 617 661 4405|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.