Closing Date: 06 Jan 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
The post holder will be expected to work across different geographical locations and communicate with global project teams remotely whilst maintaining high levels of effective communication and engagement. You will carry out the core project management duties above for a team size of between 5 and 15 people working on non-complex projects, leading small elements of a complex project or taking on responsibility for a non complex project portfolio.
The Project Delivery Manager role’s functions is to provide overall management and lead of allocated projects ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard, ensuring at all times that both current Quanticate and client specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes as well as applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
You will initially carry out the role of Project Lead on non- complex projects, taking on leadership of multiple non complex studies and/or leading small elements of a complex project with overall project lead responsibility for a team size of between 5 and 15 people dependent on level of experience, following the core PM duties at Quanticate with the support and guidance of a mentor. The role will be required to provide feedback to management on the performance and development potential of staff delivering within their project team and to facilitate communications with clients.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Participate in the project kick off meetings to gain a full understanding of project requirements and identify synergies
• Act as the main point of contact for customers attending internal and external meetings as required
• Input and regularly review the resourcing of projects in conjunction with the central resourcing team to effectively assign tasks to resources according to competencies and ensure the team are aware of timelines
• Provide regular feedback to management and/or the central resourcing team if any action is needed to increase utilisation, improve efficiency or amend the resource levels required on a project
• Take responsibility for all allocated projects and duties assigned according to the needs of each project to include the monitoring of individual’s performance and identification of training needs using metrics from the project management system
• Interpret the SAP to establish the scope of deliverables with the Biostatistician and study team and review against the contracted scope to ensure alignment
• Manage project scope and budget through change control and escalating issues where necessary and ensuring all non-contract tasks are identified, tracked and included in change order forms
• Ensure that customer feedback is managed effectively through the escalation process
• Ensure Quanticate Project Team adherence to Communication and Quality Plans
• Ensure that appropriate project management procedures are followed at all times
• Manage project risk by daily assessment of progression on individual tasks ensuring timely escalation of any concerns
• Deliver excellent customer care in support of genuine value and enhancing the customer experience including high level of interaction with external and internal clients on study related issues as determined by the needs of the project
• Resolve any cross functional issues at project level using a proactive approach to developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff in other disciplines and across locations
• Ensure that study documentation is maintained to the standard required according to processes and acceptable for audit
• Provide weekly summary updates, as a minimum, on the progress of the client portfolio projects to the client portfolio lead
• Ensure all client portfolio KPI requirements are captured and reported as required and to actively seek regular feedback to continually improve the support provided to client portfolios.
• Support with the recruitment of staff if required
• Take ownership for your continuous professional development and undertake assigned development activity in your role
• Carry out all of the above Core PM accountabilities with the support of a Senior Project Delivery Manager and mentor whilst developing Project Management expertise
• Attendance at kick off meetings and initial internal and external meetings to be supported by the Senior Project Delivery Manager
In order to be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate or scientific discipline
• Previous experience of Programming within the pharmaceutical industry or medical sector including activities from study set up to final reporting
• Knowledge and experience of the requirements for the delivery of clinical trials within the pharmaceutical industry
• Knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development
• Project Management training and/or experience at a basic level
• Understanding of the basic principles of statistics
• Advanced level in all Microsoft Office packages - including Microsoft Project (MSP)
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise a number of deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders
• A focus on continuous improvement to enhance business performance
Bevan House Bancroft Court Hitchin, Hertfordshire United Kingdom
|Tel:||+44 1462 440 084|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.