Company: Thornshaw Recruitment
Closing Date: 24 Nov 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
On behalf of our Client we are searching for a Materials Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Product and Process Development Improvement in a fast paced Medical Device Environment
• Development of an electroforming process for the production of metallic wafers.
• Responsible for design, research and development of new product/process.
• Contribute to the preparation of project proposals, product development project plans, detailed project schedules, product design input requirements and design verification test plans.
• Conduct material selection taking into account the performance and biocompatibility requirements.
• Design and develop methods for verification and validation testing of product requirements.
• Plan, and execute design verification and validation testing in accordance with test protocols.
• Full project implementation to include execution of validation requirements.
• Liaise closely with the R&D, Science, Operations, Quality, Sales and Marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following background and experience:
• 4-7 years’ experience in a Medical Process Development or Manufacturing Environment
• Minimum of a primary degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy
• Analytical and methodical approach to work
• Problem solving methodologies
• Familiar with statistics as used in problem solving and process control • Ability to grasp and statistically analyze data to achieve desired outcomes.
• Familiar with use and interpretation of outputs from scanning electron microscopy, x – ray diffraction analysis, focused ion beam and energy disperse x – ray analysis.
• Proficiency in use of desktop software applications such as MS office
• Excellent planning and coordination skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to all levels of the company.
• Ability to manage risk in striving to meet objectives
• Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
• Highly motivated self-starter
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Deirdre on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671
Barton House 6 Old Dublin Road Stillorgan Co. Dublin
|Tel:||00 353 (1) 278 4671|
|Fax:||00 353 (1) 278 4672|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.