Closing Date: 24 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
General Job Title: Facilities Engineer Reports to (Job Title) Engineering Section Manager Job Purpose To support the effective implementation of all major and minor facility upgrades in accordance with Corporate, Legal, Planning and Environmental requirements. To implement all required day-to-day facility requirements. Major Accountabilities 1. ...
Job Title: Facilities Engineer
Reports to (Job Title) Engineering Section Manager
To support the effective implementation of all major and minor facility upgrades in accordance with Corporate, Legal, Planning and Environmental requirements. To implement all required day-to-day facility requirements.
1. Support the effective implementation of all major and minor facility upgrade projects and lead the implementation of capital projects in areas of security, safety, environmental and facilities equipment optimisation.
2. Implement required on-going routine maintenance on the Alcon Ireland facilities and co-ordinate the activities of allocated subcontractors while working for and within Alcon Ireland.
3. Ensure all allocated facility engineering changes are implemented in accordance with regulatory, corporate and plant requirements.
4. Support the provision of a safe, comfortable facility for all Alcon Ireland employees and visitors. Ensure subcontractors operate in a safe manner.
5. Provide reporting on safety and environmental, compliance where required
6. Procurement, installation and validation of all critical facilities systems in support of the manufacture of IOL's.
7. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements
Number of associates:
Impact on the Organisation:
Specific Position Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Technical knowledge in the areas of building services for clean rooms, equipment evaluation and maintenance. Knowledge of validation requirements and systems.
Must have excellent ability to communicate. An ability to identify root cause problems and implement corrective actions. An ability to work logically through problems. An ability to quickly learn new technologies. Minimum requirements Ideal Background
Minimum:. Bachelor degree in engineering (or equivalent) or similar in a technical discipline
Preferred: BSc/BEng Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
Minimum: 3+ years industrial experience in a facilities, industrial engineering (or equivalent) role
Preferred:. 5+ years industrial experience in a facilities, industrial engineering in pharma/medical devise industry.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.