Closing Date: 23 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. ...
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information. General
Job Title: Project Engineer - Molding
Reports to (Job Title): Engineering Section Manager
Plans, designs, coordinates, validates, and implements high technology equipment and/or processes for the production, finishing and inspection of IOLs and delivery system products. Specific emphasis on molding process/equipment development and implementation. Provides engineering support to ensure high yields and minimize downtime of process equipment prior to implementation into production. Must also demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
1. Responsible for task prioritisation, planning and liaising with other departments affected by equipment installation, validation and implementation.
2. Reporting project status to project manager, site management and highlighting areas of concern early.
3. Responsible for ensuring all project tasks are completed to agreed timelines and within budget.
4. Responsible for planning and managing equipment implementation to ensure effective utilization of multi departmental resources both internal and external to the company.
5. Responsible for management of the molding aspects of new equipment and material implementation into the Alcon manufacturing process
6. Assigned work adheres to HSE and environmental requirements.
7. Responsible for introducing and validating new equipment in compliance with regulatory requirements.
8. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established Alcon and Novartis QS requirements
Impact on the Organisation:
Specific Position Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (Preferred and can be tailored to specific projects):
Knowledge of process engineering, equipment, automation specification and GMP validation requirements.
Knowledge of statistical process control and data analysis by statistical methods.
Well developed project management skills
PC and software proficiency - Microsoft software and Microsoft project
Report writing expertise and highly developed people skills.
Knowledge of process analysis and optimisation, and basic industrial engineering.
Attention to detail
Good communication skills
Excellent organisation skills
Minimum:. Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Preferred: Masters/ PhD degree in. Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Minimum: 3-5 years experience in high volume manufacturing environment with experience of process engineering and equipment validation
Preferred: 5-10 years experience in medical device manufacturing. Experience to include cross site projects. Project management and regulated industry experience.
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minimum requirements .
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.