Closing Date: 22 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. ...
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information. General
Job Title: Project Engineer Tip Coating
Reports to (Job Title): Tip Coating Project Manager
Plans, designs, coordinates, validates, and implements high technology equipment and/or processes for the production, finishing and inspection of IOLs and delivery system products.. Must also demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
1. Responsible for project management & planning and for liaising with other departments/plants affected by these projects. Also for reporting project status to management and highlighting areas of concern early.
2. Responsible for ensuring all projects are completed to agreed timelines and within budget. Also that all work adheres to H&S and environmental requirements.
3. Responsible for planning and managing projects to ensure effective utilization of resources and for liasing with R&D and other Alcon facilities to develop and introduce new products and processes.
4. Responsible for introducing and validating new equipment and/or complex new process projects from design through completion and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
5. Responsible for applying cost improvement and LEAN Manufacturing initiatives in projects.
6. Responsible for optimising new processes through process analysis and the application of engineering principles.
7. Responsible for putting effective CAPAs in place for compliance actions within the agreed timeline.
8. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements
Number of associates:
Impact on the Organisation:
Specific Position Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge of process engineering, equipment and automation specification and GMP validation requirements.
Knowledge of statistical process control and data analysis by statistical methods.
Well developed project management skills
PC and software proficiency - Microsoft software and Microsoft project
Report writing expertise and highly developed people & communication skills.
Attention to detail
Excellent organisation skills
Knowledge and/or experience of optics, machine and automation design.
Knowledge and/or experience of optical metrology and vision systems
Knowledge of requirements of machinery directive – i.e. CE marking
Knowledge of process analysis and optimisation, and basic industrial engineering.
Minimum:. Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Preferred: Masters/ PhD degree in. Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Minimum: 3-5 years experience in high volume manufacturing environment with experience of process engineering and process/product intorduction
Preferred: 5-10 years experience in medical device manufacturing. Experience to include cross site projects and R&D Liason. Project management and team leadership experience. Regulated industry experience.
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minimum requirements .
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.