Closing Date: 25 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. ...
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information. General
Job Title: Project Engineer, New Product Introduction
Reports to (Job Title): Engineering Section Manager
Plans, designs, coordinates, validates, and implements high technology equipment and/or processes for the production, finishing and inspection of IOLs and other Ophthalmic medical devices.
1. Responsible for project management & planning and for liaising with other departments/plants affected by these projects. Also for reporting project status to management and highlighting areas of concern early.
2. Responsible for ensuring all projects are completed to agreed timelines and within budget. Also that all work adheres to H&S and environmental requirements.
3. Responsible for planning and managing projects to ensure effective utilization of resources and for liasing with R&D and other Alcon facilities to develop and introduce new products and processes.
4. Responsible for introducing and validating new equipment and/or complex new process projects from design through completion and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
5. Responsible for initiating and driving cost improvement and LEAN Manufacturing initiatives.
6. Responsible for supporting and improving existing processes through process performance monitoring, analysis, process control, and the application of engineering principles.
7. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements
Impact on the Organisation:
Specific Position Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Well developed project management skills
Knowledge and practical experience of GMP validation requirements.
Knowledge of statistical process control and data analysis by statistical methods.
PC and software proficiency - Microsoft software and Microsoft project
Report writing expertise and highly developed people & communication skills.
Knowledge and/or experience of any/or all of the following; optics, process engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automation, new product introduction.
Knowledge of requirements of machinery directive – i.e. CE marking
Knowledge of process analysis and optimisation, and basic industrial engineering.
Attention to detail
Excellent organisation skills
Minimum:. Bachelor degree (FETAC level 8 or equivalent) in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Preferred: Masters/ PhD degree in. Engineering/ Physics or related discipline
Minimum: 3-5 years experience in high volume manufacturing environment with experience of process engineering and process/product introduction
Preferred: 5-10 years experience in medical device manufacturing. Experience to include cross site projects and R&D Liason. Project management and team leadership experience. Regulated industry experience.
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minimum requirements .
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.