Location: Ireland Cork City
Closing Date: 29 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. With locations across 75 countries, Alcon is looking for dedicated individuals to join its diverse teams around the world. Alcon strives to attract, retain, and motivate talented and performance-driven people through benefits and compensation packages that are competitive with world-class companies and industry peers. ...
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. With locations across 75 countries, Alcon is looking for dedicated individuals to join its diverse teams around the world.
Alcon strives to attract, retain, and motivate talented and performance-driven people through benefits and compensation packages that are competitive with world-class companies and industry peers. We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. Associates also have the opportunity to expand their careers outside of Alcon and join other divisions of Novartis, the parent company of Alcon.
Cork is home to Alcon’s European manufacturing center for AcrySof® intraocular lenses. The IOL is the artificial lens that replaces the eye's natural lens removed during cataract surgery. Over 400 associates work at the Alcon Cork facility located on the Model Farm Road. In 2012 Novartis fully acquired Alcon, making Novartis the world’s number one eye care company in the world. Alcon’s mission is to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Reporting to the Engineering Section Manager, you will provide project management & technical support on new product introduction projects.
On a daily basis you will be required to demonstrate your strong project management and technical ability, your excellent analytical and problem solving skills, your flexible and adaptable approach, your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and your fit with an environment where ownership of results, adherence to standards and procedures, and project/task completion is routine.
Key responsibilities include:
• Project management - Plan, design, co-ordinate, validate and implement high technology equipment and/or processes.
• Ensure effective utilization of resources and liaising with R&D and other facilities to develop and introduce new products and processes.
• Communicate regularly to senior management both informally and formally on progress of projects.
• Oversee the introduction of equipment and processes to meet site needs on time and within budget; and ensure all are validated in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Liaise with Corporate to ensure new product introduction projects meet project deadlines and regulatory requirements.
• Research and initiate new projects that lead to process/product improvements.
• Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minimum requirements Candidates should have:
• Level 8 Degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline.
• At least 3 to 5 years’ Engineering experience in a high volume cGMP environment.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of project management on technical and complex projects, including cross-site projects.
• Experience in the procurement, set up and validation of equipment.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.