Closing Date: 18 Nov 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
The Head of PMO will be responsible for establishing and running the PMO at Quanticate, working in partnership with the VP Portfolio Directors and Head of Function, to ensure that all projects across all portfolios are delivered using a best practice Project Delivery approach and are delivered within agreed scope, time, cost and quality standards. The individual will also provide strong leadership in a matrix environment, developing, implementing and promoting core Project Management principles and processes to ensure successful delivery of all Quanticate projects.
You will have overall responsibility for ensuring the delivery of the Quanticate portfolio of projects across all functions is aligned to the core project management principals, with an initial focus on Programming and Statistical Reporting. You will share Project Management expertise across project teams, ensuring appropriate coaching and mentoring is in place to drive continuous development and to monitor PM performance standards across the teams identifying trends and development needs.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Lead and manage the implementation of a project focused organisation working in partnership with the relevant senior level managers within Quanticate
• Develop a centre of excellence for project management designed to help achieve improved quality standards, a consistent approach across all portfolios and a clear oversight of projects across our business
• Provide line management in accordance with the Quanticate Managing Our People Cycle
• Review, develop and introduce a set of common PM processes and procedures across all client portfolios, with multiple projects, delivered by a team of up to 250 people, ensuring that the core project management duties above are carried out and monitored consistently across the organisation
• Work in partnership with the central resourcing team to establish processes and procedures aligned to the core PM principles
• Develop standardised templates, common methodologies and tools, monitoring usage and effectiveness and reporting on a monthly basis to the Quanticate senior management team
• Own the PMO central repository of documentation and processes including the PM Toolkit
• Develop competent Project Delivery Managers with a common knowledge base through coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing on an on-going basis based on both organisational and individual learning needs
• Design, deliver and evaluate training to enable a thorough understanding and implementation of project management principles across Quanticate
• Design, implement and deliver project metrics through MSP that make it clear whether a project team is on track or in need of additional support
• Ensure a clear and consistent approach is in place to manage risk in accordance with Quanticate Standard Operating Procedures
• Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and proactively managed to minimise disruption to successful delivery
• Ensure detailed project, implementation or actions plans are created for the duration of each project as appropriate working in partnership with the VP Portfolio/Directors and Project Deliver Manager
• Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables Sponsors and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions
• Ensure a robust process of notification or escalation is in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend with the appropriate approvals sought for either situation
In order to be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate or scientific discipline
• Formally qualified in Project Management methodologies/theory
• In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Project including its use to manage project scope, timelines and budgets
• Experience in using Microsoft Project to record and manage project risks and issues
• Preferably having a working knowledge of Microsoft Project Online, although this is not a pre-requisite
• Preferably having knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development
• Experience of line management to include career development, succession planning and employee relations
• Design and delivery of PM training for staff at all levels
• Advanced level in all Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise a number of deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders
• A focus on continuous improvement to enhance business performance
• Coaching and mentoring of a team of Project Management professionals
• Influencing and negotiation skills
Having formed in 2007, from the merger of two specialist Biometrics CROs, Quanticate has grown to become the world’s largest CRO specialising in the provision of data-related services. Our services include Clinical Data Management, Biostatistics, Clinical Programming, Medical Writing and Pharmacovigilance.
As a recognised “Investors in People” employer, Quanticate is committed to the development of its employees. With structured career paths across each of its functional areas, and Junior and Expert Academies that have been created to help fast-track you up the CRO career ladder, you will be working for a company that is able to provide long-term career development opportunities alongside flexible working arrangements.
This position will have overall responsibility of ensuring the delivery of the Quanticate portfolio of Programming and Statistical Reporting projects is aligned to the core project management principals.
Bevan House Bancroft Court Hitchin, Hertfordshire United Kingdom
|Tel:||+44 1462 440 084|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.