Closing Date: 24 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. ...
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what's possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information. General
Job Title: Manufacturing Section Manager
Reports to (Job Title): Head of Manufacturing
This position will play a key role in the leadership, continuous improvement and achievement of operational metrics for a key manufacturing area on site. This person will be responsible for the delivery of all site operational metrics and for the deployment of key manufacturing objectives in their area including Lean Six Sigma, Quality Improvement initiatives and Personnel Engagement strategies. They will provide updates to site leadership on their areas’ performance and will be expected to achieve challenging operational metrics in quality, safety, service and cost.
1. Using available resources manage the production output of the area to achieve quality, safety, service and cost requirements for both internal and external customers.
2. Promote a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement and leverages the talent of the organization to achieve its business objectives.
3. Champion Operational Excellence culture by ensuring Lean Six Sigma deployment develop an automation roadmap to deliver an efficient operational area.
4. Use headcount models to ensure area is adequately resourced and employees have the correct skills mix, are fully trained, motivated and empowered to achieve their objectives.
5. Be a role model and encourage the companies Values ethos at all levels in the organization.
6. Lead the preparation of annual budgets (including capacity planning) / monthly projections and ensure area operates within budget.
7. Meet New product and process introduction requirements. Lead future state production capacity planning.
8. Manage large scale projects and/or guide successful completion of major programs.
9. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and regulatory QS requirements.
Number of associates: 80 - 120
Impact on the organization:
Specific Position knowledge/skills/abilities:
• Experience of organising and directing a team of Production Supervisors and Production Support staff
• Motivational, leadership and managerial skills gained through working in a large operational area
• Demonstrated Project management experience
• Lean Six Sigma Qualification, Black Belt preferred
• Knowledge of ISO/GMP requirements and FDA Medical Device Regulatory requirements
• Communication skills and decision making ability
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minimum requirements Education
Minimum: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business or Science/Engineering
Preferred: Post graduate diploma or MBA to supplement the above
Minimum:. 7-10 years experience in the Health Care Industry with 5 years experience demonstrating supervisory or managerial effectiveness including deployment of Lean Six Sigma
Preferred: > 10 years experience medical device / pharmaceutical industry experience at the supervisory / managerial level
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.