Drug Safety - Safety Programmer (80%)
Company: CTC Resourcing Solutions
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Closing Date: 10 Feb 17
Salary (£): On Application
Develop standard and ad hoc safety outputs (within business intelligence platform or based on SQL query) according to applicable Quality System documents
Reference Number: 895161-P
Type of placement: 6 Months
Location: Basel area, Switzerland
- Develop standard and ad hoc safety outputs (within business intelligence platform or based on SQL query) according to applicable Quality System documents.
- Performs quality control (e.g. double programming) of outputs produced within the team.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc safety data extraction (i.e. DSURs, PBRERs, health authority request, audit/inspections).
- Assess and interpret system and business requirements originating from different sources (e.g. safety medical and operation teams, system teams, clinical teams etc.).
- Partner with team members in order to provide consistency and quality in the deliverable
- Provide support to users of the business intelligence platform.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree (bachelor, master or equivalent) in computer science.
- At least two years of experience in programming within a pharmaceutical company or a clinical research organization, preferably in the drug safety area.
- Strong technical knowledge in database query (SQL on Oracle database) and business intelligence reporting tool (Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition).
- Good team player and good communication skills with technical and non-technical persons.
- Ability to analyze technical and business processes and translate them into business requirements.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Good Knowledge in quality Insurance for regulated computerized systems (FDA 21CFR part 11, GxP, EU directives & guidelines).
- Knowledge of medical and pharmacovigilance terminologies, e.g. MedDRA
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required