Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 23 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Scientific Editor Job Summary: Novartis is currently recruiting for a Scientific Editor to join the Medical Communications Team in Dublin, Ireland. Job purpose This role reports into the Scientific Writing Team Lead and will liaise closely with the scientific writers and ICE (Information, Communications and Events) Services roles. The role is responsible for the scientific accuracy and rigor of publications and scientific content for each brand/therapeutic area that has been assigned. ...
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Scientific Editor to join the Medical Communications Team in Dublin, Ireland.
This role reports into the Scientific Writing Team Lead and will liaise closely with the scientific writers and ICE (Information, Communications and Events) Services roles. The role is responsible for the scientific accuracy and rigor of publications and scientific content for each brand/therapeutic area that has been assigned. The position provides a critical role to ensure that content of assigned projects is scientifically accurate, grammatically correct and in line with overall communication objectives. This work will ensure the delivery of high quality copy within the required timelines.
The primary responsibility for the role is providing the editorial oversight for the designated therapeutic areas and brands. This includes: responsibility of developing and adhering to designated style guides and checklists, editing, proofreading, in addition to an element of source data verification including reference citations.
This role works across PLS delivery teams within a Franchise/therapeutic area and where required this may also include liaison with agreed external providers.
This Scientific Editor role requires a sound scientific acumen, and experience in a related communications discipline.
• Edit content and rewrite as necessary, copyedit, proofread various types of documents for accuracy of medical and scientific content, syntax/grammar, spelling consistency, and style, throughout all stages of assignment preparation
• Applying therapeutic area and brand knowledge to ensure the scientific and data accuracy of content provided by the scientific writers
• Acquiring new knowledge according to project demands with some supervision
• Ability to adapt editing for different materials for different audiences
• Applying solid grammatical knowledge and relevant internal guidance from scientific lexicons, style guides and checklists
• Accurate mark up of references
• Ensure that publications are consistent with GPP3- good publications practice; ICJME, other external guidance and any internal Novartis SOPs and WPs.
• Keep abreast of Publication practices and other requirements as it relates to medical communications
• Organizing and maintaining feedback sessions to writing teams with coaching where required
• Identify items for attention by the writing team (including quality, timelines and fit to strategy)
• Propose required changes, supporting the assigned owners to remediate
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’ Minimum requirements Requirements
• Minimum: Relevant scientific degree or a degree in a related communications discipline
• Relevant postgraduate education desirable.
• Fluent English (oral and written) is essential
• Extensive experience working in a medical/pharmaceutical agency environment
• Has a track record of the ability to integrate, interpret, and summarize scientific data from a variety of sources
• Has an understanding of publication and medical communication related policies and guidelines
• Has experience working in matrixed teams
• Ideally, has experience working in medical communications
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.