Closing Date: 18 Nov 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
Summary This is a fantastic opportunity to further a SAS programming career within a CRO that specialises in data-related services. You will have the opportunity to work as part of global project teams, gaining exposure to multiple high profile, global studies for major pharmaceutical clients, as well as lead several global clinical projects with high-profile clients.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated programming department. The Senior SAS Programmer position is a multi-discipline role, with a focus on delivering leadership of multiple assigned projects alongside line management of personnel whilst maintaining and developing technical expertise and leadership in support of Programming deliveries, projects, initiatives, and training development of Programming personnel.
You will gain exposure to a broad range of multiple clinical trial studies, working across Phases I-IV in a wide variety of therapeutic areas. Working as part of local and global project teams, you will have the opportunity to lead high profile, global studies for major pharmaceutical clients.
• Lead teams on multiple complex projects, locally or globally, as required, ensuring all datasets, TFLs and associated documents are completed in a timely and quality manner
• Participate in establishing the programming scope for a deliverable with Biostatistician and study team
• Participate in establishing detail timelines that will ensure timely deliverables
• Manages project timelines, budgets, and resources
• Provide input into assessments of resource requirements on regular basis. Provide feedback to management if any action is needed to increase utilization, improve efficiency or amend the resource levels required on a project
• Manage project tracking tools and provide periodic status reports to team, management and client
• Perform on-going review of hours for assigned projects, ensure all issues are highlighted and resolved as quickly as possible and ensure all non-contract tasks are identified, tracked and included in change order forms
• Lead process improvement and knowledge-sharing within the function
• Provide programming expertise internally and externally on multiple complex clinical projects
• Provide advanced project, technical, or line management support in the preparation and review of high quality programming deliverables and documentation, as well as the processes and standards required, to both colleagues and clients
• You will take ownership and responsibility for several clinical projects
• Provide high quality, timely support that conforms to current Quanticate and client-specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes, as well as applicable regulatory requirements and/or guidelines on behalf of the client
• Provide mentoring and leadership, as required
• Critically review and provide comments on clinical documents, e.g. protocol, CRF and SAP
• Perform Peer Review and Final Inspection
• Represent the company at external conferences and forums
• Participate in meetings such as recruitment, business development and audits from a clinical programming perspective
• Develop and deliver SAS training and workshops and other programming related training sessions, as applicable
• Line management of up to 6 staff
• Perform annual and interim reviews in accordance with HR processes and SOPs for direct reports
• Support recruitment and retention of staff within Quanticate
• Experience leading multiple clinical projects
• Extensive programming experience preferably within the pharmaceutical industry or medical sector
• Knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical industry standards and requirements for the delivery of clinical trials
• Programming experience covering activities from study set-up to final reporting
• Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development and associated ICH/GCP guidelines
• Strong PC skills, excellent knowledge of statistical software packages (particularly SAS), excellent organisational skills, excellent communication skills (oral and written), and excellent analytical skills
• A proven ability to lead and manage teams
• Continuous improvement mentality and an excellent attention to detail
• Have a good understanding of ICH/GCP guidelines
• Good organisational, communication (oral and written), and analytical skills
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate discipline and/or have an understanding of basic statistics
An exciting opportunity for a Senior SAS Programmer has arisen within our Clinical Research Organisation (CRO), Quanticate. Working our Polish office, you will work within Quanticate’s global programming department, providing the highest quality statistical programming services to our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutritional and medical device clients.
Having formed in 2007, from the merger of two specialist Biometrics CROs, Quanticate has grown to become the world’s largest CRO specialising in the provision of data-related services. Our services include Clinical Data Management, Biostatistics, Clinical Programming, Medical Writing and Pharmacovigilance.
As a recognised “Investors in People” employer, Quanticate is committed to the development of its employees. With structured career paths across each of its functional areas, and Junior and Expert Academies that have been created to help fast-track you up the CRO career ladder, you will be working for a company that is able to provide long-term career development opportunities alongside flexible working arrangements.
The Programming Group:
With approximately 100 SAS Programmers spread across each of our global offices, the Programming Group is Quanticate’s largest department. The UK and US teams report to a Senior Director of Programming based in the UK, and the ROW teams i.e. Poland, India and South Africa, report to a Senior Director of Programmer based in Poland.
As a Senior SAS Programmer, you will report directly to a Principal Programmer who, in turn, reports to one of the Senior Directors of Programming.
Bevan House Bancroft Court Hitchin, Hertfordshire United Kingdom
|Tel:||+44 1462 440 084|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.