Closing Date: 05 Feb 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
This is a fantastic opportunity to continue to develop a Statistics career within a CRO that specialises in data-related services. You will receive substantial training that will enable you to further progress your career and support your personal development. You will have the opportunity to work as part of global project teams, gaining exposure to high profile, global studies for major pharmaceutical clients.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity to relocate from India over to Warsaw in Poland and join a dedicated Statistics department. As a Senior Statistician, you will have the opportunity to further develop your clinical statistics knowledge as well as lead client projects and internal teams.
You will gain exposure to a broad range of clinical trial studies, working across Phases I-IV in a wide variety of therapeutic areas. Working as part of local and global project teams, you will have the opportunity to work on high profile, global studies for major pharmaceutical clients.
• Provide high quality statistical support to studies including coordinating the production of tables, figures and listings, writing SAPs and selecting appropriate statistical methods, statistical sections of study protocols, estimates of sample size and general consultancy
• Act as a point of contact with clients
• Provide project leadership of assigned projects and ensure project budgets are monitored and maintained and that issues and risks are effectively communicated within the organisation and with partners and clients
• Contribute to process improvement and knowledge sharing within the function
• Provide technical support in the delivery of projects across the function
• Provide line management of assigned personnel
• Carry out statistical tasks requiring a high level of technical training and understanding, and ensure sound technical content of deliverables
• Ensure high levels of customer care are provided
• Manage the work load of self and others working on the project, often working across multiple studies and managing competing priorities
• Work to client expectations and maintain high customer care values and handle challenging clients diplomatically
• Work as operational lead on medium to large scale projects, ensuring tasks are appropriately delegated to other statisticians and support statisticians working on assigned projects and ensure they work according to SOPs
• Maintain good communication with the client, including the status of any assigned work and any issues including study design and conduct, and data quality
• Provide statistical consultancy verbally to clients and internal customers
• Manage the scope of projects, including identification of work that is beyond scope or budget
• Qualified to minimum BSc level or equivalent in statistics, preferably to MSc level statistics or similar
• Solid relevant experience within the pharmaceutical or medical sector
• Good PC skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Good knowledge of SAS and experience with other statistical software
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and continuous improvement mentality
• Ability to communicate complex statistical issues to non-statisticians
• Proven statistical skills
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Statistician has arisen within our Clinical Research Organisation (CRO), Quanticate. Working from our Warsaw office, you will work within Quanticate’s global statistics department, providing the highest quality statistical services to our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutritional and medical device clients.
Having formed in 2007, from the merger of two specialist Biometrics CROs, Quanticate has grown to become the world’s largest CRO specialising in the provision of data-related services. Our services include Clinical Data Management, Biostatistics, Clinical Programming, Medical Writing and Pharmacovigilance.
As a recognised "Investors in People" employer, Quanticate is committed to the development of its employees. With structured career paths across each of its functional areas, and Junior and Expert Academies that have been created to help fast-track you up the CRO career ladder, you will be working for a company that is able to provide long-term career development opportunities alongside flexible working arrangements.
The Statistics Group:
The Statistics department at Quanticate has a well-balanced mix of qualified statisticians at all stages of their careers, from recent graduates to established consultants. Statistics has a presence in our offices in Hertfordshire, Manchester, Edinburgh, the United States and India. We also have a significant proportion of home–based workers. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive and mutually-supportive team, and this also creates a varied and fulfilling work experience for our statisticians.
We have different teams within the department, allowing individuals to focus their career at any point in time. Currently the teams include Statistical Consultancy, Statistical Reporting, and number of multi-disciplinary teams dedicated to supporting to our major client portfolios. Statisticians looking to further their career within Quanticate will find different opportunities to learn and grow within an environment of like-minded statisticians.
Bevan House Bancroft Court Hitchin, Hertfordshire United Kingdom
|Tel:||+44 1462 440 084|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.