Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 24 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
ICE (Information, Communications, Events) Services Liaison Job Summary: Novartis is currently recruiting for an ICE Services Liaison to join the Medical Communications team in Dublin, Ireland. This role acts as the lead liaison between the global medical affairs team and the medical communications & information delivery team. Job purpose • Liaison with the global medical affairs team and the medical communications & information delivery team. ...
ICE (Information, Communications, Events) Services Liaison
Novartis is currently recruiting for an ICE Services Liaison to join the Medical Communications team in Dublin, Ireland. This role acts as the lead liaison between the global medical affairs team and the medical communications & information delivery team.
• Liaison with the global medical affairs team and the medical communications & information delivery team. This includes managing the planning & ordering of med comms & med info services required to deliver the plan.
• Development of the Tactical ICE plans (Medical Information, Medical Communications and Scientific Events). This is in support of the strategic planning work that is done by the internal customer.
• Delivery of the Tactical ICE plans.
• Championing optimum collaboration and ways of working between PLS and the internal customer.
• Leads the representation of PLS services to the assigned Customer (Division or Heads Medical Communications)
• Acts as the primary interface for the customers, who are responsible for developing and managing the Strategic ICE Plan, and for coordinating agreed customer activities and commissioning resulting work through PLS.
• Works with the customers under the agreed governance guidelines, operating principles and policies.
• Ensures alignment and collaboration between PLS delivery teams and the internal customer (including involvement in the management and resolution of issues and risks). This includes making sure that supply with demand are aligned to deliver the right quality levels in a timely manner
• Works through the PLS Account Management team (BSEs and Account Managers) to ensure that all SLA and contracting work is done in a compliant and controlled way.
• Supervises the medical insight managers to ensure ICE plans can be swiftly adapted based on insights activities
• Supporting external spend management and tracking (including approvals, purchase orders, goods received), with support from the ICE Project Manager and PLS delivery teams
• Oversees the development of the Tactical ICE Plan in line with the Strategic ICE Plan, defined by the internal customers and held in the IPS (provided by Information, Communications and Events Heads), ensuring that PLS has the ability to support the demand.
• Engages the relevant members of PLS to develop the plan, including Expert Scientific Writers, Senior Medical Information Managers, and Scientific Events Managers.
• Leads the review and development of the plan with the internal customers, to ensure that their requirements are met.
• Oversees the delivery of the PLS plan, ensuring a high quality and timely delivery.
• Engages with the relevant members of PLS to deliver the plan, including ICE Plan Managers and Team Leads for Scientific Writing, Scientific Events and Medical Information
• Leads the regular review and update of the plan with internal customers, to ensure their requirements are met.
• Leads by example in terms of working with the internal customer.
• Listens to and acts on improvement ideas from both the internal customer and PLS, and translates into actionable service improvements.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’ Minimum requirements Requirements
• Minimum: University degree level / Graduate degree, ideally in science. Additional further education desirable.
• Fluent English (oral and written).
• Preferred: a second major European language.
• A strong program and project management focus. Able to plan and execute project delivery through a multitude of others with high focus on meeting quality, timely deliveries and budget.
• Significant experience of working with international Medical Communications for either an agency or in an internal role within the pharmaceuticals industry.
• Extensive track record in developing and managing Medical Communications plans, ideally also with experience in Medical Information plans.
• Track record of working effectively in a highly matrixed organization and / or between complex structures between customer and deliver teams.
• Desired experience in digital solutions and innovation.
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working.
• Strong negotiations & stakeholder management skills
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.