Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 07 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Clinical Project Operation Manager, Dublin, Ireland Job purpose This key appointment will be accountable for accurate clinical trial budget management. You will support the Clinical Project Management Group Leads in generating/maintaining the headcount and revenue target reports. You will contribute to the generation and maintenance of trial budget and subsequent consolidation through budget review meetings. ...
Clinical Project Operation Manager, Dublin, Ireland
This key appointment will be accountable for accurate clinical trial budget management. You will support the Clinical Project Management Group Leads in generating/maintaining the headcount and revenue target reports. You will contribute to the generation and maintenance of trial budget and subsequent consolidation through budget review meetings. You will also support the study lead during the TTG process as well as during the regular budget review with the customers.
• Support study lead and line functions with the development of trial budget and financial strategy, and assist with securing approvals. Contribute to quarterly trial budget review meetings.
• Systematically estimate the life-time costs of all relevant studies. Contribute to the original phasing of life-time costs for the studies and subsequent updates. Work with all stakeholders to ensure that this estimate is of high quality.
• Ensure budgeting systems are accurate regarding financial forecasts, expenditures, and internal resource planning. Coordinate generation of consolidated latest estimates on current year budget vs. originally planned and model potential impact on future year budget planning.
• Challenge and track project(s) resource requirements, expenditures and revenue target.
• Identify issues and propose mitigating plans for facilitating decision making. Liaise with relevant line functions (e.g., PLS finance, Pricing, Clinical Project Management) regarding financial deviations and forecast.
• Support the Clinical Project Management Group Leads in actively monitoring adherence to budgetary targets including management reporting with variance analysis, proposals for corrective measures and decision support.
• Provide financial training to Clinical Project Management and PLS staff as required.
• Develop best practices for allocating and managing resources. May participate in or lead cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
• Improves and enforces compliance with business and financial control processes.
• Ad hoc financial analysis to support CPM group leads and PLS Finance as required.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organisations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidised dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements Education:
Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare is required.
Fluent English (oral and written)
• Significant Clinical Operations experience with managerial experience in planning, executing, reporting and publishing clinical studies in a pharmaceutical company or contract research organisation.
• Proven ability to work independently in a complex matrix environment (including remote).
• Good project management skills
• Proven experience in managing clinical trial budget. Ability to address budget review question and reconcile planning with actuals, be it with customers, service providers and PLS finance
• Demonstrated presentation and diplomacy skills. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong customer oriented mindset
• Ability to resolve issues with minimal supervision and understand when to escalate.
• Willingness to act accountably in project / trial management
• Thorough knowledge of Good Clinical Practice, clinical trial design, statistics, regulatory processes, and global clinical development process.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.