Location: Ireland Cork City
Closing Date: 25 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Reporting to the NPMA Supervisor, you will be responsible for the on-going production of tooling to support manufacturing and the introduction of tooling to support new products. ...
Reporting to the NPMA Supervisor, you will be responsible for the on-going production of tooling to support manufacturing and the introduction of tooling to support new products.
On a daily basis you will be required to demonstrate your strong machining expertise, your excellent analytical and problem solving skills, your flexible and adaptable approach, your excellent interpersonal skills, and your fit with an environment where ownership of results, adherence to dimensional specifications with tight tolerances, and project/task completion is routine. The role will include a requirement to work all shift work hours.
Key responsibilities include:
• Set up and operate all machine shop equipment, manufacture machine tool components.
• Manufacture and inspection of optical mould tooling using high precision CNC machines and metrology equipment.
• Manufacture machine components and fixtures to specified high precision tolerances.
• Work closely with QA and Manufacturing personnel.
• Assist in design and fabrication of tooling and components, in parallel with defining and documenting key dimensions.
• Assembly of complex machine tools and components without supervision.
• Debug and run-in new machine tools in support of Production.
• Final fit as well as retrofit close tolerance machine tool components as required.
• Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements.
Minimum requirements Candidates should have:
• Qualified Toolmaker from accredited third level institution.
• 5 years’ industrial experience operating in a machine shop – with experience in a Mould Tool manufacturing environment an advantage.
• Demonstrable knowledge and ability to develop creative solutions to problems.
• Attention to detail when inspecting and documenting key dimensions.
• Performs complex, high precision developmental and prototype machine work requiring an exceptional degree of skill and versatility.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and adhere to quality systems requirements.
• Ideally the successful candidate will have experience working to tight tolerances, typically at the micron level or beyond.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.