Company: Bio Products Laboratory
Closing Date: 28 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): 40,000 - 60,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits, for full details please see the following link: https://www.bpljobs.co.uk/What-we-offer.html
Environmental Health and Safety Manager Are you an Environmental Health and Safety specialist with a degree in Environmental Science or an Engineering discipline? Are you looking for an opportunity to progress your career within Environmental Management? BPL has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join the EHS function within a leading Pharmaceutical company that is currently in year 2 of a 5 year investment plan.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Are you an Environmental Health and Safety specialist with a degree in Environmental Science or an Engineering discipline? Are you looking for an opportunity to progress your career within Environmental Management? BPL has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join the EHS function within a leading Pharmaceutical company that is currently in year 2 of a 5 year investment plan.
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to widen their Environmental Management skills to become the subject matter expert for this niche Pharmaceutical business. The site is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty and has free parking available to all employees as well as a competative salary and benefits and the opportunity to develop your career within a growing business.
· The main job purpose of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager:
· To provide day to day Environmental professional leadership, support and advice to BPL management teams, employees and contractors.
· To develop Environmental systems and procedures in line with current standards and legislation.
· To improve performance through the implementation of our HS&E Management system.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
· Communicate and deliver BPL HS&E methods throughout the company, and ensure that all staff are aware of company health, safety and environmental processes.
· Prepare agendas, PowerPoint presentations, promote and attend Site Health, Safety & Environmental Meetings.
· Keep the Health, Safety & Environmental management system up to date, input new information and run reports.
· Provide EH&S progress reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
· Support the site management teams to resolve EH&S issues.
· Monitor, guide and review EH&S activities with company procedures and appropriate legislation, ensuring improvements are implemented promptly & correctly.
· Escalate serious breaches of EH&S issues to the appropriate level of management.
· Provide professional guidance to Managers and employees.
· Liaise with the site management to ensure EH&S activities are appropriately maintained and managed.
· Regularly communicate with business partners, suppliers and sub contractors to maintain and improve EH&S performance.
· Maintain the Incident electronic data base and to run appropriate reports and monitor Site accident details.
· Review RIDDOR reports prior to submission to the Health & Safety Executive, ensuring accuracy and adequate supporting documentation both to reduce the risk of the incident reoccurring and to meet the needs of our insurers in relation to any claims.
· Liaise and collate information regarding claims, accident/incident information data base whilst working closely with Solicitors/insurers in conjunction with the company.
· Undertake incident investigations where necessary in conjunction with the relevant managers
· Attend and assist the Investigation of all high potential Incidents.
· Ensure that appropriate Information and advice is communicated to staff for example via the intranet and via staff briefings and training seminars.
· Update and maintain EH&S records, presentations, training packages and databases.
· Assist and carry out EH&S Survey’s, inspections, tours and auditing.
· Maintain the EH&S audit schedule across the site.
· Organise and run EH&S improvement projects across the BPL operations.
· Keep up to date with the non-conformities and continuous improvement actions from internal & external audits.
· Implement your objectives and key performance indicators and provide a monthly report to your direct line manager.
· Ensure that your continual professional development is kept up to date.
· Perform any other duties, which can be reasonably expected to be undertaken as required by the Head of HS&E.
The successful candidate will have:
· A Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science (preferable) or another Engineering discipline with the addition of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent H&S certification
· Bias in Environmental Management
· Considerable experience gained within a pharmaceutical, aerospace or similar formal engineering background
· Experience in performing robust GAP analysis against regulatory standards
· Effective communicator with good presentation skills
· Critical thinking skills and root cause analysis is a core requirement
· The ability to articulate EHS success factors and provide successes at management level
If you feel that you would be a good fit and that you meet the above requirements, please apply today. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application in regards to next stages of the process. Unfortunately due to high response levels, we are not able to contact unsuccessful candidates.
Bio Products Laboratory Ltd. (BPL) manufactures a wide range of plasma-derived therapeutic products which are distributed to over 40 countries worldwide. BPL is based in Elstree, Hertfordshire, and is part of BPL Holdings which also operates a number of plasma centres in the USA.
BPL is committed to supporting both healthcare professionals and providing a continuous supply of reliable, high quality, life saving products to patients on a 24/7, 365 day a year basis.
BPL has a vibrant 60-year heritage and is currently embarking on an ambitious programme of investment in research, technology and manufacturing methods to grow the business significantly over the next few years.
For more information about BPL and our products please visit www.bpl.co.uk.
As an employer of choice - BPL benefits from receiving a large volume of candidates for each role, should you not receive communication back from us within 15 business days of the closing date of the posting, it has unfortunately not been possible to include you in the short-listing process.
Unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. We operate a strict PSL.
Bio Products Laboratory LTD Dagger Lane Elstree Hertfordshire
|Tel:||0208 957 2346 / 0208 957 2606|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.