Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 25 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Head of Legal - UK, Novartis, UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognised for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Head of Legal – UK, Novartis, England. ...
Head of Legal - UK, Novartis, UK
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognised for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Head of Legal – UK, Novartis, England.
** Head of Legal / Commercial Law / Legal risk / Pharmaceutical / Healthcare **
Head of Legal NVS Oncology is a leading position within the BU to provide legal leadership through pro-active, in-depth, business-focused advice to the organization, as well as implementing initiatives and processes to set standards and reinforce a culture of quality, integrity, ethical behaviour and responsibility. Position holder sits on the Oncology Leadership Team (OLT) and provides strategic direction and thought leadership in various areas of the law relevant to the Novartis Oncology Business Unit (OBU) in the United Kingdom + Republic of Ireland, directly counselling associates at all levels in this business unit. The Head of Legal is also responsible to analyse and identify legal risks and implications, keeping the management informed of all new laws and regulations that may have potential implication to the Company. Position holder also supports Country Legal Head as a member of the UK/Ireland Legal Function in providing strategic direction and thought leadership in various areas of the law relevant to Novartis opera
• Contributes to and influences the BU strategy and decision- making processes; contributes to the development of overall legal functional strategy in the BU and beyond.
• Leads, and is responsible for, implementation of key legal processes: drafting, negotiating and settling commercial agreements (e.g. clinical trial agreements, IITs, licence agreements, supply and, distribution agreements) and where appropriate liaising with the other members of the Legal function.
• Manage known legal risk within the OBU by taking primary responsibility for the provision of legal advice to the OBU and the management of legal risk advising on all legal areas affecting the product lifecycle, from pre-launch to loss of exclusivity; providing strategic and operational guidance; managing and assisting in the management of litigation (e.g. contract disputes, product liability); instructing and assisting in the management of external legal advisers where appropriate and necessary; identifying unknown legal risks; monitoring and assessing the relevant environmental issues impacting legal risk in order to ensure recommended legal risk management approaches are appropriate having regard to the prevailing environment.
• Manages the budget and resource allocation for the legal activity in alignment with the Country Legal Head.
• Ensures allegations of misconduct are reported in a timely manner to the BPO. If possible and as requested, support or conduct investigations of alleged misconduct based on allocation of responsibility by the BPO.
• Shares legal know how on relevant laws, codes of practice and business legal issues and assists in the development and delivery of training to management on legal issues affecting the conduct of the UK and Irish businesses.
• Informs Global BU/Regional/CPO Compliance Head and Country Management of areas which represent a compliance or reputational risk & is a member and active participant of the Pharmaceutical Compliance Committee which oversees compliance matters across pharma in the UK.
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working
Top UK Employer
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Employee Recognition Scheme
Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• Graduate of law school and member of Legal Profession in England
• Extensive legal experience, ideally including a number of years in the UK healthcare sector. A generalist with a background in commercial law including experience of law and business relevant to Novartis businesses in UK and Republic of Ireland who can master Legal Excellence Standards, who is committed to high performance with high integrity, who appreciates diversity and who displays an inclusive leadership
• Ability to manage with clear communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels. Proactive manager with clear communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.