Recruitment Manager, Contract - NYC
Company: Skills Alliance
Location: New York
Closing Date: 24 Jan 17
Salary (£): Negotiable
Full Visa and relocation provided for UK recruiters.Established in 2005, Skills Alliance was conceived to take advantage of a surge in demand for talented...
Full Visa and relocation provided for UK recruiters.
Established in 2005, Skills Alliance was conceived to take advantage of a surge in demand for talented clinical research professionals, to drive the development and bringing to market of new pharmaceutical compounds.
We offer a full portfolio of bespoke solutions tailored to our client’s requirements. These services range from C-suite Executive Search through to Contract/Interim solutions, Benchmarking and an RPO offering. Skills Alliance has a growing presence in the global Pharmaceutical market having placed candidates across 20+ Countries with skill sets ranging from pre-clinical through to post approval.
Skills Alliance office locations across the UK, Switzerland & the US allowing us to operate across Europe and North America which provide our clients with a global staffing solution.
Skills Alliance is seeking an experienced contract recruitment leader with a background in pharmaceutical or speciality recruitment (for example, energy, chemicals, procurement) to lead and build on an established contract business unit in NYC.
We are ideally looking for an experienced contract recruiter based in the US who can support a team and bring a network with them, however, we are also considering UK based contract recruiters excited about the opportunity to relocate to NYC and lead a team. If you are from the UK, we will provide full visa sponsorship and relocation.
This person will take responsibility for hiring and building on the current team of contract recruiters who will supply the following verticals into the pharmaceutical and device industries:
- Clinical Research
- Commercial Sales & Marketing
- Regulatory Affairs & QA
- HEOR and Market Access
- Medical Affairs & Clinical Development
Our contract busines operates an account management and delivery structure and as such, along with leading this division, you will work as a senior account manager which will involve new account acquisition and development. You will then build a delivery structure below youself to support each account. The team is curently 5 people in NY and we expect this to grow to 10+ by the end of 2017. This is an East Coast role, we have another contract team based on the West Coast.
This person will work with the North American Managing Director and Global Directors across Europe to help develop company strategy, identify new opportunities and assist in business growth.
Your primary duties:
On a day-day basis the core duties for this position will involve:
- To drive growth and develop the specified vertical market for Skills Alliance on a North American basis.
- You will act as an Account Manager and as such be responsible for new client acquisition.
- You will elad both a recruitment team and business focused on consistent and rising revenue generation within the specified vertical of the Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical sector.
- To drive the growth of the business unit and take responsibility for targets, forecasting and NFI.
- To take responsibility for line management of a team of recruiters once hired, oversee their development and career progression.
- Manage the process improvement program for business unit.
- To drive the development of new clients within the target vertical, by agreeing retained and exclusive working agreements and established terms of business with Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical companies.
- The successful candidate will be expected to offer constructive, entrepreneurial and forward thinking ideas and concepts to assist in the development and growth of Skills Alliance as a leading Global Pharmaceutical Recruitment business.
- To attend Industry specific conferences and symposia on behalf of Skills Alliance and represent the brand and organization.
- Build talent-pools of candidate resumes and establish yourself within a vertical market.
- Screen resumes and qualify potential candidates about suitable job vacancies.
- Develop leads for new business and conduct business development.
Experience and requirements:
- Skills Alliance is looking to recruit confident, self-motivated, determined and ambitious individuals.
- You should be well educated to degree standard ideally, have strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of customers. This role will involve working with Senior Management teams so you must feel confident in this area.
- You should have a proven background within recruitment and understand the various models available and benefits associated with each offering.
- You should have examples of leading from the front, managing teams and executing business plans on time and budget.
- You will be recognized internally and externally as an expert within your Practice area/ industry sector.
- You should have previous line management experience and a proven ability to develop trainee consultants.
- You should be able to provide strong examples of building networks, developing business and managing multiple assignments.
- A key component of this role is to open and drive new accounts so previous business development success and an ability to bring new business into the company is vital.
- Your ambition to succeed in a pressurised and competitive yet extremely high integrity based environment must be clearly evident.