Recruitment Manager, Contract - NYC
Company: Skills Alliance
Location: New York
Closing Date: 26 Oct 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
Full Visa and relocation provided for UK recruiters.Established in 2005, Skills Alliance was conceived to take advantage of a surge in demand for talented...
Full Visa and relocation provided for UK recruiters.
Established in 2005, Skills Alliance was conceived to take advantage of a surge in demand for talented clinical research professionals, to drive the development and bringing to market of new pharmaceutical compounds.
We offer a full portfolio of bespoke solutions tailored to our client’s requirements. These services range from C-suite Executive Search through to Contract/Interim solutions, Benchmarking and an RPO offering. Skills Alliance has a growing presence in the global Pharmaceutical market having placed candidates across 20+ Countries with skill sets ranging from pre-clinical through to post approval.
Skills Alliance office locations across the UK, Switzerland & the US allowing us to operate across Europe and North America which provide our clients with a global staffing solution.
Over the past 3 years the business has increased by over 100% year on year, opened offices in Manhattan, Seattle and Zurich to service the North American and Central European market places and has a fifth office in Australia planned and due for launch in 2017. This growth has been spurred following a company reorganisation and rebranding in January 2013 creating an ambitious new leadership team.
Recent success include several global RPO agreements with a fast growing Pharmaceutical and CRO companies and multiple EMEA Business Transformation Projects focused on new product launches internationally with Biotechnology clients.
Skills Alliance is fully focused on delivering international talent mapping, sourcing, and selection for both fast growing SME companies needing top talent to move their company forward and global pharmaceutical companies looking at business transformation.
Skills Alliance is seeking an experienced recruitment consultant with a background in pharmaceutical or speciality recruitment (for example, energy, chemicals, procurement) to lead and build on an established business unit in NYC.
We are open to either UK recruiters excited about the opportunity to relocate to NYC and lead a team or local recruiters looking to move to a fast growing, dynamic business. If you are from the UK, we will provide full visa sponsorship and relocation.
This person will take responsibility for hiring and building on the current team of contract recruiters who will supply the following verticals into the pharmaceutical and device industries:
- Clinical Research
- Commercial Sales & Marketing
- Regulatory Affairs & QA
- HEOR and Market Access
- Medical Affairs & Clinical Development
You will lead from the front and take up one or more of the verticals as your own area of expertise. We are looking for this business unit to make best use of the current Skills Alliance infrastructure and client base with the aim of expanding our relationships and revenue stream.
This business unit should allow for the continued expansion of the company across North America & Europe enabling us to fully service current and future clients.
This person will work with the North American Director and Global Directors across Europe to help develop company strategy, identify new opportunities and assist in business growth.
Your primary duties:
On a day-day basis the core duties for this position will involve:
- To drive growth and develop the specified vertical market for Skills Alliance on a North American basis.
- You will act as a 360 consultant and as such be responsible for both client and candidate development
- To achieve consistent and rising revenue generation within the specified vertical of the Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical sector.
- To drive the growth of the business unit and take responsibility for targets, forecasting and NFI.
- To take responsibility for line management of a team of recruiters once hired, oversee their development and career progression.
- Manage the process improvement program for business unit.
- As an experienced consultant, developing your specified vertical and selling bespoke senior retained assignments for yourself and the business unit.
- To drive the development of new clients within the target vertical, by agreeing retained and exclusive working agreements and established terms of business with Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical companies.
- The successful candidate will be expected to offer constructive, entrepreneurial and forward thinking ideas and concepts to assist in the development and growth of Skills Alliance as a leading Global Pharmaceutical Recruitment business.
- To attend Industry specific conferences and symposia on behalf of Skills Alliance and represent the brand and organization.
- Build talent-pools of candidate resumes and establish yourself within a vertical market.
- Screen resumes and qualify potential candidates about suitable job vacancies.
- Develop leads for new business and conduct business development.
Experience and requirements:
- Skills Alliance is looking to recruit confident, self-motivated, determined and ambitious individuals.
- You should be well educated to degree standard ideally, have strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of customers. This role will involve working with Senior Management teams so you must feel confident in this area.
- You should have a proven background within recruitment and understand the various models available and benefits associated with each offering.
- You should have examples of leading from the front, managing teams and executing business plans on time and budget.
- You should have experience working on senior permanent vacancies on either an exclusive or ideally retained basis having opened new accounts and then successfully delivered into them.
- You will be recognized internally and externally as an expert within your Practice area/ industry sector.
- You should have previous line management experience and a proven ability to develop trainee consultants.
- You should be able to provide strong examples of building networks, developing business and managing multiple assignments.
- A key component of this role is to open and drive new accounts so previous business development success and an ability to bring new business into the company is vital.
- Your ambition to succeed in a pressurised and competitive yet extremely high integrity based environment must be clearly evident.