Location: Hitchin, Wilmslow or Home
Closing Date: 06 Mar 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
An exciting opportunity for a Programme Director for the Portfolio Delivery team within the Programming and Statistics department has arisen at our Clinical Research Organisation (CRO), Quanticate. Working from one of our UK offices, you will work within Quanticate’s global programming department, providing the highest quality statistical programming services to our pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutritional and medical device clients.
The role will provide overall management and lead of large client portfolios, ensuring that the portfolios of projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard, allowing the client portfolios to achieve financial targets and growth.
You will have overall accountability for the delivery of large client portfolios, managing a range of Programming and Statistical Reporting projects within the portfolios, and working in partnership with the customer and managing any issues and concerns through the escalation process.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Provide overall management and lead of projects including development of a detailed project plan, setting internal timelines and priorities and directing specific project work ensuring targets for delivery to time, quality and budget are met
• Line management of the Project Delivery Team
• Participate in the project kick off meetings to gain a full understanding of project requirements and identify synergies
• Act as the main point of contact for customers attending internal and external meetings
• Input and regularly review the resourcing of projects in conjunction with the central resourcing team to effectively assign tasks to resources according to competencies and ensure the team are aware of timelines
Provide regular feedback to management and/or the central resourcing team if any action is needed to increase utilisation, improve efficiency or amend the resource levels required on a project
• Take responsibility for all allocated projects and duties assigned according to the needs of each project to including the monitoring of individual’s performance and identification of training needs using metrics from the project management system
• Interpret the SAP to establish the scope of deliverables with the Biostatistician and study team and review against the contracted scope to ensure alignment
• Manage project scope and budget through change control and escalating issues where necessary and ensuring all non-contract tasks are identified, tracked and included in change order forms
• Ensure that customer feedback is managed effectively through the escalation process
• Deliver excellent customer care in support of genuine value and enhancing the customer experience including high level of interaction with external and internal clients on study related issues as determined by the needs of the project
• Resolve any cross functional issues at project level using a proactive approach to developing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff in other disciplines and across locations
• Ensure that study documentation is maintained to the standard required according to processes and acceptable for audit
• Provide regular summary updates on the progress of the client portfolio projects to the client portfolio lead
• Provide project status reports to the customer and Quanticate management
• Ensure all client portfolio KPI requirements are captured and reported as required and to actively seek regular feedback to continually improve the support provided to client portfolios
In order to be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate or scientific discipline
• Previous experience of Programming and/or Statistics within the pharmaceutical industry or medical sector including activities from study set up to final reporting
• Knowledge and experience of the requirements for the delivery of clinical trials within the pharmaceutical industry
• Knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development
• Proven experience of influencing senior clients and managing the customer experience through effective communication, negotiation and client management skills
• Project Management training and experience in portfolio management and the management of both non complex and complex management studies
• Ability to lead diverse teams across a global setting
• Proven experience of line managing and mentoring senior project leaders
• Understanding of the basic principles of statistics
• Advanced level in all Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise a number of deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders
• A focus on continuous improvement to enhance business performance
Having formed in 2007, from the merger of two specialist Biometrics CROs, Quanticate has grown to become the world’s largest CRO specialising in the provision of data-related services. Our services include Clinical Data Management, Biostatistics, Clinical Programming, Medical Writing and Pharmacovigilance.
As a recognised “Investors in People” employer, Quanticate is committed to the development of its employees. With structured career paths across each of its functional areas, and Junior and Expert Academies that have been created to help fast-track you up the CRO career ladder, you will be working for a company that is able to provide long-term career development opportunities alongside flexible working arrangements.
This role would be suitable for an individual with a strong background in project and client management, who is looking for the next step in their career. The role works closely with the Programming and Statistics teams, and reports into the Head of PMO.
Bevan House Bancroft Court Hitchin, Hertfordshire United Kingdom
|Tel:||+44 1462 440 084|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.