Location: United Kingdom London-South
Closing Date: 09 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Business Development Manager - London, Alcon, UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness. We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. ...
Business Development Manager - London, Alcon, UK
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The Business Development Manager has full responsibility for managing the development of sales within their territory in line with company objectives.
The purpose of the Business Development manager role is to take full responsibility for managing the development of sales within their territory in line with company objectives.
• Sales Management of all customers within the defined territory, providing a principle point of contact for Alcon with the overall objective of achieving long-term sales delivering year-on-year growth
• Day-to-day management of all territory and active promotion of Alcon, their products and services to ensure the success for territory and Business Unit Meet or exceed agreed targets by customer/brand and account penetration within territory by effectively selling Alcon products and services within agreed timescales
• Effective administration of territory business including maintenance of Salsa (48 hour submission), timely and accurate processing of expenses (in line with company policies) and MDF expenditure recorded within customer activity calendar
• Ensure outstanding knowledge of Alcon products – clinical and technical information, product strategy, market positioning and brand story messages to assist customers in selecting those best suited to their needs
• Responsible for the management of Alcon Pricing, Trade Terms and Promotions as agreed within company guidelines with all relevant customers Conduct training sessions (in practice training, dinner meetings, roundtables, lunch and learn, CET events etc.) to provide clinical and sales support to ECPs and their staff
• Responsible for ensuring an effective marketing plan is developed for the allocation of Marketing Development Funds (MDF) to ensure the most effective return Monitor and share market intelligence (competition) by gathering market place information on pricing, products, services and go to market strategy (e.g. point of sale material)
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• College Level qualification or equivalent (e.g. GNVQ/NVQ level 3/A levels) – desired
• Knowledge and experience in a senior territory sales management role (target driven) essential, with a proven track record of appropriate achievements
• Commercial awareness/business acumen of the vision care market and or pharmaceutical industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.