Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 25 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognised for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Medical Therapeutic Area Head, Novartis, England. ...
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognised for your hard work and commitment?
Look no further, apply today. Medical Therapeutic Area Head, Novartis, England.
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Medical Therapeutic Area Head to join the Neuroscience franchise
The purpose of the Medical Therapeutic Area Head position is to provide senior leadership, strategic guidance to the head office and field-base medical team and take overall accountability for all franchise related medical affairs activities.
• Work seamlessly with the Franchise Head to provide overall leadership and accountability for all franchise medical team activities.
• Leads, recruits, coaches, develops and manages head office Medical herapeutic Area Teams and field MSL Manager.
• Provide broad and deep understanding of the therapeutic area cross-functionally.
Seen as credible expert by internal and external customers.
• To provide franchise area team leadership and clinical governance oversight for all therapeutic area local studies and IITs, providing direction (in collaboration with the Clinical Trial Manager) to colleagues for set-up, execution, maintenance, budget / drug forecasting as well as clinical study report disclosure within GCP, NP4 and Novartis WP requirements.
• Act as Final Signatory to certify / approve appropriate material (medical or nonmedical), leads on adherence to Professional Practices Framework (NP4 and ABPI) and intercompany dialogue and PMCPA complaints / MHRA inspection.
Key Role Attributes
• Complete oversight across therapy area (franchise) with mix of direct management and 2nd line leadership across head office and field teams
• Involvement in full lifecycle of product development from early clinical development to launch activities in global and local clinical development programs; Novartis is the largest sponsor of clinical trials in the UK and has an industry leading pipeline
• Strong medical infrastructure with functional experts on hand across Medical Information, Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance to support you in achieving your franchise strategies
• Proven track record of leadership development, UK and global career opportunities and flexible working practices
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working
Top UK Employer
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Employee Recognition Scheme
Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons Minimum requirements Minimum Requirements;
• MD or advanced scientific degree, PhD, PharmD or equivalent.
Final Signatory status desirable
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated managerial experience in the pharmaceutical industry with focus on medical research.
• State-of-the-art medical, scientific and clinical knowledge.
• Strong leadership and proven management, planning, and communication skill.
• Strong knowledge of the market preparation and access requirements, encompassing medical strategies and market trends.
• Familiar with respective health authority, GCP and ICH requirement, including
regulations of Promotional materials.
• Expert in all aspects of clinical drug development including experience designing and/or executing clinical studies to address local BF needs.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.