Medical Practice Liaison Specialist
Company: Synexus Limited
Location: Thames Valley
Closing Date: 07 Dec 16
Salary (£): 20,000 - 30,000
Benefits: Up to UKP 25000.00 per year
Excellent opportunity for a Medical Practice Liaison Specialist
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical trials space? Do you want to work for a leading multinational organisation, renown throughout the industry for its meteoric rise to success and dependability to deliver on global contracts across multiple therapeutic areas and phases? Are you looking to play an integral role in the future of medicine across the globe? If so, this may be the opportunity for you:
The Clinical Relations Specialist Team Lead is responsible for maximising recruitment to clinical trials by using all available NHS and commercial organisations in your region to deliver the required number of patient responses via CRS outreach routes.
To work closely and provide support to the CRS team across the UK, coordinating national initiatives and ensuring consistent best practice.
Synexus has a great team of professional, smart and energetic people. We focus on continued professional development, engaging and supporting the team within in order to reach the common goals of the business. We also offer a competitive benefits package consisting of, but not limited to, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance, Private Health Insurance*, Profit sharing bonuses*, Childcare Vouchers.
* Dependant on role
Team Lead (Approximately 15%)
- Champion the necessary sales techniques to achieve our study targets in the CRS team
- Share knowledge with CRS team members, ensuring best practice and providing ongoing training and support
- Responsible for ensuring CRS resource is matched to demand across all UK locations. This may involve you providing cover or helping to coordinate resources between sites
- Work closely and play an active role with other departments in study start up activities
- Lead the CRS team in ensuring consistency in processes and procedures
- Work in partnership with the Head of Patient Engagement to ensure the UK Patient Engagement strategy is cascaded effectively within our UK sites.
Clinical Relations Specialist (Approximately 85%)
- Identify opportunities that result in the expansion of the local GP database which will increase the number of practices working with us to achieve our study targets.
- Identify other NHS and commercial organisations to expand our access to patients and achieve Synexus study targets, by agreeing to promote Synexus studies and prepare mailshots for recruiting studies. This includes working closely with organisations such as; Clinical Commissioning Groups, Pharmacies, Dentists, Podiatrists, Opticians, Hospital departments and other health-related organisations as well as commercial organisations such as health-related businesses and community groups.
- Build a network of specialist consultants in our key Therapeutic Areas who would help identify potential patients for recruiting studies.
- Identify and attend conferences, exhibitions and other marketing opportunities to promote Synexus and develop opportunities to expand our access to patients and achieve Synexus study targets.
- Conduct meetings with key decision makers to gain agreement to complete mailshots on behalf of Synexus – helping to drive study delivery. For example this may be meetings with GPs, Practice Nurses, Practice Managers, Hospital Consultants and other professionals.
- Provide feedback to the Head of UK Patient Engagement on ethically approved recruitment materials to maximise recruitment.
- Present and discuss the services and benefits that Synexus can provide across your region with confidence, knowledge and authority.
- Identify and engage with national organisations to expand access to patients, working closely with other CRS team members, the CRS Team Lead, Site Managers and the Head of UK Patient Engagement as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with all contacts as necessary through all forms of communications including; face to face visits, email and telephone calls.
- Complete weekly study progress report and send to the Site Manager cc’ing in the Head of UK Patient Engagement.
- Maintain and update local GP Practice database and present information to demonstrate ongoing cleansing and accurate data.
- Handle patient information in accordance with Good Clinical Practice.
- Share knowledge and experience with the other members of the CRS team.
- Comply with all regulatory and in-house standard and corporate operational requirements.
- Keep up to date with local and national healthcare news, issues and guidance. This includes developing and maintaining a strong knowledge of the NHS and Clinical Commissioning Group/Health Board environment including the Quality Outcome Framework (QOF), and GP IT systems (such as EMIS, Vision etc.), adapting to change and identifying and delivering opportunities to Synexus.
- Awareness of competitor initiatives in previously unchartered recruitment methods.
- Ensure confidentiality in all aspects of role and organisation activity.
- Exemplify the five Synexus Values is all aspects of work and be an ambassador of our Values.
Outputs of the role:
- Increased the amount of screens and randomisations at your site through the delivery of patients.
- Increased the Synexus patient database.
- Increased the Synexus database of active GP practices and meet monthly targets.
- Met weekly/monthly targets set of mailshots per recruiting study
- Increased awareness in the community of the work of Synexus.
- Identified new opportunities for Synexus to source patients from both healthcare and commercial organisations.
- Actively maintained network of healthcare and commercial contacts.
- Administration kept up to date by reporting week end.
To be successful in the role you will have:
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent related experience
- Experience in a sales-related environment
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate/Advanced IT skills including experience of using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong organisational and planning skills to maintain a busy and diverse work schedule.
- An excellent communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong team player but also the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data and use intelligently.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a high-paced pressurised environment.
- Ability to use your initiative to deliver a great customer experience.
- Confidence and ability to work with and communicate effectively with people at all levels of seniority.
- Highly motivated, results-driven individual with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Excellent ability to develop and nurture relationships.
- Ability to present in a professional and empowering manner
- To lead by example with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate others
Alternative Job Titles: Clinical Relations Specialist, GP Liaison Officer, Medical Liaison Executive, Medical Liaison Representative, Health Liaison Specialist.
About the company
Synexus is a rapidly growing multi-national involved in the clinical trial space with 24 dedicated research centres across seven countries and two continents. We are the patients’ choice for clinical research. Our team of highly trained and dedicated staff live the Synexus values of patient engagement, integrity, empowerment, customer service and expertise. Synexus is consistently growing; both organically and through strategic acquisitions, if you would like to find out more about this success story in the making, please visit us at www.synexus.com