Senior Product Engineering Scientist
Company: Thornshaw Recruitment
Closing Date: 24 Nov 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
Recruiting now for a senior scientist with a PhD and some R&D experience within industry! Fantastic opportunity with a growing company!
Reports to Research and Development Manager and is responsible for management of the Product Engineering for the Clinical Chemistry products and projects
Senior PE Scientist – Clinical Chemistry is responsible for:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Clinical Chemistry product family.
- Ensuring that the Clinical Chemistry product family meets technical and quality specifications.
- Making final decisions regarding technical specifications and justifying such decisions as a SME, through the company's quality system.
- Taking technical ownership as an SME of the Clinical Chemistry product family.
- Where required, advise, lead and train employees on the Clinical Chemistry product family.
- Identification of product engineering and product development projects in the Clinical Chemistry product family.
- Manage projects with the Clinical Chemistry product range area.
- Facilitate the resolution of technical issues by leading, designing and executing root cause investigations in a timely manner.
- Be an active learner and self-motivator, and consistently seek to attain a higher level of knowledge and experience
- Be proactive in problem identification and process improvement by trending of manufacturing data and monitoring ongoing robustness of products.
- Ensure the timely generation and completion of necessary technical reports and justifications, and facilitate the efficient completion and closure of documents including NCMRs, Change Controls, CAPAs etc.
- Have the ability and commitment to work to deadlines as part of a team.
- Show a full commitment to the company's Quality policy and adhere to the quality system and training given.
- Assist in the transfer of new products from R&D or third parties to production.
- Review, revise, and create documentation as requested.
- Carry out team specific duties within the Product Engineering group.
- Assist when required with other Product areas as a PE Scientist.
Education and Experience:
- PhD, in biological/biomedical sciences, Microbiology Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Chemistry is essential.
- Post doctoral experience would be preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience within industry.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving and creativity in resolving product or process problems for IVD products.
- Demonstrated competence in a wide range of statistical concepts including Design of Experiments.
- Experience in FDA Regulatory requirements.
For more information and to apply for this role please call Stephanie on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671