Reference: PW 6711
Closing Date: 05 Nov 16
Salary (£): Competitive
A fantastic opportunity for a PV Physician or Clinical Research Physician with an interest in PV to join an innovative and dynamic Pharmaceutical company. You will contribute to the provision of pharmacovigilance services and patient safety by undertaking medical evaluation of selected individual case safety report and acting as General Safety Officer.
· Leading global pharmaceutical company
· Hertfordshire based
· This company supports involvement in the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine and Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialty Training (PMST) with the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine
· There is scope for the Safety Evaluation Physician to attend appropriate scientific and medical courses (as appropriate for maintaining basic medical knowledge, for advancing skills as appropriate to those drugs for which he/she is responsible, for maintaining and expanding skills associated with safety surveillance and as required under terms of continuing medical education.
· As assigned by the Global Safety Board Chair, to act as General Safety Officer (GSO) to proactively manage the global safety aspects for a specific product, or group of products as defined in company policies and SOPs.
· To be a member of the Global Safety Board – the body which reviews and makes decisions on drug safety issues for products globally.
· Contribute to/lead signal management (detection and evaluation) activities for specified products
· Contribute to/lead the responses to safety-related medical queries from regulatory authorities, external bodies and internally for specified products
· Provide medical evaluation of individual adverse event case safety reports for EU regional products
· Provide safety expertise to the international project team for assigned products
· Contribute to/lead the production and maintenance of Risk Management Plans and Risk Minimization Activities as required
· Contribute to/lead the production and amendment of safety information, including product labelling for specified products.
· Contribute to/lead the safety related aspects of the design and running of clinical studies, including involvement in the protocol production, investigators brochure production, support to the study team, monitoring of safety signals and involvement in the production of the clinical study report.
· To establish and maintain a high level of familiarity with the local, European, and international pharmacovigilance regulations and guidance relating to drug safety and pharmacovigilance and act as a point of reference for others.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· You will be expected to have demonstrated experience in post-registration clinical medicine.
· You will have acquired previous experience in pharmacovigilance, clinical development or medical affairs, during which a consistent record of strong contribution was demonstrated, in addition to success in tackling new challenges and responsibilities.
· Possess a strong sense of responsibility and have a good track record of working independently and meeting strict deadlines.
· Flexibility, adaptability and pro-activity are key requirements for the position.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Ability to work consistently conforming to procedures and requirements yet possess a degree of flexibility in order to meet the various demands and priorities.
· Team player able to provide mentoring and support to less experienced physicians in the Product Safety department in a professional and empathetic manner.
· Able to form strong cross-functional relationships.
· Proactive, eye for detail, organised, diplomatic and analytical skills.
· Before you apply for this position it is vital that you are in possession of an EU or UK passport or relevant visa to work without restrictions in the UK.
For a confidential discussion please telephone Christian Simon at AXESS Limited on 020 8560 2300. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference PW 6711.
Safety Evaluation Physician / PV Physician / PV Physician / PV Director / PV Medical Director / Associate Director PV / PV Physician / Drug Safety Medic / Drug Safety Physician / Pharmaceutical PV Medic / roles / PV careers / permanent / South East / drug safety careers / PV Careers / Pharmacovigilance / Medical Review
AXESS has been operating since 1990
We are a recruitment business dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry, specialising in Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs & Clinical Development
We match professional candidates to the best permanent, contract and interim roles in the market
Visit us at www.axess.co.uk
12 Union Court,
Richmond upon Thames,
|Tel:||+44 (0)20 8560 2300|
|Fax:||+44 (0)20 8560 2033|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.