Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 04 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness. We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. ...
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The Business Account Manager is responsible for managing allocated Key Account customers, via central trading departments and key regional/retail contacts, achieving Sales, Profitability, Investment and Service Level targets for all allocated Key Customers. The role will create enduring business partnerships, enabling the growth of the UK contact lens market, increasing Alcon’s market share and achieving company sales and distribution budgets, and allowing Alcon to compete equitably, in a very competitive market environment.
• Build strong and enduring business partnerships with Alcon Key Account customers, by creating strategies for business development, guided by market dynamics, channel segmentation and Alcon business plans.
• Oversees alignment to primary customer plans and execute appropriately, leading to the identification of new initiatives for implementation whilst negating commercial risks
• Achievement of Sales/Distribution targets and Investment budgets for nominated key customers.
Monitor targets and budgets on an on-going basis to ensure financial objectives are achieved.
• Proactively manage Sales and Investment forecasts through an ability to analyse and understand account activities and their impact
• Strategic thinking and idea generation, driven from the analysis of customer and market data. Develop overall conclusions regarding accounts, markets, and competitive business results, using complex data from multiple sources. The findings are used to identify opportunities and forecast results.
• Proactively identify competitive activity, which may have major, long-term impact on sales goals/strategies.
• Provide recommendations and cost effective plans of action.
• Develop initiatives to provide competitive point of difference using knowledge of industry trends and competitive environment
• Key influencer in development of UK and European customer investment planning as required.
• Document issues and proposals in a succinct and persuasive manner.
• Present to groups representing multiple points of view, and formulate and execute a collaborative strategy.
• Create and implement “Customer Account Plans”, encompassing promotional investment, sales planning, distribution, service plans and delivery of the brand sales/strategies.
• In collaboration with the Senior Business Account Manager / Business Unit Manager and other stakeholders, develop customer negotiation strategies and framework, and drive alignment across customers, operating to minimise exposure and maximise return.
• Build strong relationships with internal and external partners, leading negotiations with credibility and respect
• Leadership of UK Customer Business Team (CBT) and co-ordination with European CBT and National Sales Manager. Fully engage in the business planning cycle.
• Participate with the Senior Business Account Manager / Business and other stakeholders in the development of insight, new processes and leading best practice
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Strong Work/Life Balance - flexible working
• Top UK Employer
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree qualification or equivalent in Business Management or a related field
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Extensive proven sales experience, with a track record of achievements (Blue chip companies desired)
• Experience of managing leading Key customers in the retail environment (ideally FMCG) at National Account level
• Cross functional experience in trade marketing or consumer marketing
• Commercial awareness/business acumen of the vision care market and or pharmaceutical industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace
• Experience of influencing and stakeholder management
• Extensive Key Account / Category Management experience
• Knowledge and experience of the industry environment and strategy including local decisions, impacts on, and changes that affect customers
• Proven experience in the management of significant promotional funds
• Proven commercial acumen, with clear insight and understanding of the business market dynamics and the ability to accurately assess and convey this intelligence to inform plans and targets
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.