Location: United Kingdom Frimley/Camberley
Closing Date: 24 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Senior Brand Manager : Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness. We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers. ...
Senior Brand Manager :
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
We foster the professional growth of our associates by providing ongoing opportunities that can build upon their knowledge and skills to help further their careers.
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for being the UK specialist for all matters related to their brand, and ensuring the achievement of brand objectives.
• Brand Equity Lead the annual brand planning process
• Be the champion for all elements of brand equity throughout the UK business
• Identify opportunities for brand equity enhancement and: a) influence to have these agreed within the business b) activate in the UK where agreed Brand Insight Consumer Insight
• Identify and leverage consumer insight to activate both the consumer and the eye care professional into your brand Eye Care Professional Insight
• Work with the Trade Marketing and Business Account Manager (BAM) team to identify and leverage customer insight for brand growth
• Contribution to brand focused insight development program, championing your brand Communications Program
• Review all brand communications and make recommendations that will enhance brand equity and achieve brand objectives
• Influence Europe for delivery of centrally developed materials that meet UK objectives, to adapt as appropriate for the UK market
• Develop a twelve month communication program (eye care professional, consumer and trade)
• Key Account Presentations: Deliver brand elements and communication plan to Trade Marketing team for development of customised presentations
• Identify consumer communication opportunities; Agree and activate based on the potential to achieve new patient fits into your brand Brand Metrics
• Champion the knowledge and achievement of all key brand metrics within the UK business
• Sales Targets, Market Share and Patient Contact Lens Fits (new and switch); Nb: patient fits are a key indicator for future market share
• Five year sales plan and annual sales plan including NPD and product deletions European Influence and Interaction
• Represent the UK for your brand to the European Brand Director • Influence the European team to deliver programs meeting the key needs for the UK market
• Take European marketing programs and apply as appropriate to the UK market. Customer Business Teams
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree qualification or equivalent in Business Management or a related field – desired.
• Fluency in English (verbal and written)
• Any other European language would be an asset.
• Proven experience within commercial functions, ideally Marketing, Sales or Trade Marketing
• Thorough understanding of the UK Optical market an advantage
• Proven ability to demonstrate use of persuasion/influencing tactics to achieve business objectives
• Proven experience of delivering added value marketing campaigns (Retail and Pharmaceutical) with demonstrable ROI
• Commercial awareness/business acumen of the Vision Care market and or Pharmaceutical industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace
• Proven Brand Management, Key Account Management and Project Management experience
• Experience of managing third party agencies
• Experience of cross-functional working within a matrix environment
• Proven experience in developing and establishing successful key relationships and delivering excellent standards of customer service
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.