Company: DOCS Global
Location: Peterborough,United Kingdom
Reference: Ref AS-018500
Closing Date: 24 Jan 17
Salary (£): Competitive
Benefits: Excellent & Comprehensive
Our client are looking for a SAS Programmer II to join their existing team. This hard working and passionate team are focused on delivering innovation and seeking out opportunity. This small, dynamic group allows programmers to get involved in developing multiple activities and initiatives, as well as shaping its culture and contributing towards continuous improvement in solutions delivery. Your proven programming expertise will be a key influence on how we carry out clinical...
Roles & Responsibilities of the position
- Perform any and all functions of the System Analyst I as required to meet corporate commitments and deliverables; in particular, to review or provide standard data specifications and create standard data files through SAS.
- Receive and review non-client standard client file specifications from Data Manager / Project Manager or client and interact with the client to finalize transfer specifications
- Develop SAS programs to create non-standard data files, specifically vertical file and incremental data file requirements
- As part of the Software Development Life Cycle, review User Requirements and create and/or review Functional and Technical Specifications and approve specifications
- Create and test ad-hoc programs for:
o Esoteric quality control checks requested by QC
o Data resolution/mining
o Other client requirements
- Assist with orientation and training of Systems Analysts and Data Management / Project Management personnel as determined by management.
- In conjunction with the entire department, recommend, develop and implement SOPs for improved CDP Procedures.
- BS in computer sciences or related field; MS in computer sciences related field helpful.
- Minimum three years experience in BASE SAS products and procedures and one year experience in database design and data structures.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process, as gained through a minimum of two years experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Strong organization, analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with DB programming is a plus.
Salary & Package
- A uniquely collegial working culture
- A place to grow your career
- Salary: £35-40,000 dependent on experience
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK, ALREADY BE BASED IN THE UK OR WILLING TO RELOCATE
If you are seeking an international company who is committed to development and training and the opportunity for career progression, please get in contact.
For a confidential consultation call Helena Crowe on 0044 (0) 7717 881 381 or email your CV to Helena.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmaceutical, clinical trials, statistician, statistics, statistical, SAS, programmer, programming, statistics, statistician, biostatistics, biostatistician
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.