Company: GI Group UK Limited
Closing Date: 26 Oct 16
Salary (£): 60,000 - 80,000
Tariff Classification Manager - Earn up to £329 per day plus benefits (PAYE) or £426 per day (LTD) Our Global Pharmaceutical Client is looking for an experienced Tariff Classification Managerto join their team for 6 months in Middlesex, to be responsible for determining and implementing agreed mitigations for all service risks and issues and for performing the activities required as part of the tariff classification service
The Tariff Classification Manager will be responsible for determining and implementing agreed mitigations for all service risks and issues.
Tariff Classification Manager – Earn up to £329 per day plus benefits (PAYE) or £426 per day (LTD)
* Work closely with the business to understand and classify our products and raw materials with the appropriate tariff/commodity code to comply with import & export regulations
* Responsible for understanding process and tariff classification service risks and ensuring that they are identified, mitigated , controlled and reported appropriately
* Maintenance of the central classification database with codes, ensuring alignment to SAP and JDE systems and Infosteward results
* Delivery of service elements to plan to support acquisitions or divestments, implementation of CERPS and other ERP changes, process improvements and risk mitigations
* Updating central database with codes
* Manage relationships with the business areas requesting classifications and suppliers providing supporting information required to perform classifications
* Manage the relationship and SLA with the 3rd partner suppliers of the central tariff classification database
* Gathering of informal Tariff Classification customer feedback, reviewing performance and agreeing targets and plans.
* Implement strategic plan for service evolution, incorporating best practices and process plans
* Identifying issues and risks
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
* Strong import/export classification experience in pharmaceutical or chemical industry
* Demonstrated attention to detail.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in chemistry
* Good communication and people skills.
* Excellent analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse data
* Ability to work off own initiative and comfortable with delegated responsibility whilst also able to work well within a team
* Working knowledge of Free Trade agreements and preferential duty rules
* Practical experience of other customs duty related special regimes/provisions
* Familiarity with global customs procedures
* Understanding of export regulations across the globe
* Background in Supply chain activities
* Awareness of Broker activities and processes
For a confidential discussion on the above role or other similar roles please send your cv / or call 01707 247259
Key words: Consumer Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Customs Duty, Free Trade Agreements, Global Customs Procedures, Issues, Risks, Attention to Detail, Degree, Communication, People Skills, Analysis, Data, Teamwork, Supply Chain, Codes, Database, Broker, Import, Export, Degree, Contract, Contractor, Middlesex
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
|Tel:||+44 (0)1420 538477|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1420 537900|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.