Closing Date: 28 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
• Global Clinical Trial Manager • Innovative Biopharmaceutical company • Office based Berkshire – home working 1 to 2 days a week
The source department of Chiltern acts in a similar way to that of a staffing solutions provider. Our client is a growing biopharmaceutical company, they have been named one of the top companies to work for in the US and having recently opened a European office in Berkshire they are now looking to recruit an experienced Global Clinical Trial Manager to join the team. Candidates will ideally work office based in Berkshire however some homeworking 1 to 2 days a week will be considered. Candidates can either be employed through Chiltern to work directly for our client or work full time on a freelance basis.
Responsible for aspects of clinical development planning and strategy, clinical study planning and execution within pre-specified clinical development program, timelines and budget and includes, but is not limited to, preparation of study related materials, relationship management between study sites and vendors (in particular CROs), supervision of study related activities, identification of project risks and contingency planning.
• Lead and manage integration of all project team activities, leveraging internal and development partner resources, expertise and knowledge, along with optimizing CRO resources, expertise and knowledge.
• Provide strategic input and execution of clinical trials from protocol design to the final clinical study report for specified studies
• Provide leadership and input into global subject/patient recruitment plans.
• Effectively communicate and interact with Key Opinion Leaders.
• Manage all aspects of CRO/vendor identification, request for proposal submission, CRO selection, and the day to day operational management activities of CROs, development of Key performance Indicators (KPIs), management of global resources, expertise, and knowledge within the CRO/vendor.
• Manage strategic study operations including: study sites and tracking systems for regulatory submissions, CRO KPIs, drug supply and use, enrolment of subjects, regulatory document flow, study timelines, all budgetary and financial information, Pharmacovigilance/Serious Adverse Events, performance metrics, data flow, etc.
• Participate in Case Report Form design, user acceptance testing in partnership with data management
• Generate country specific Informed Consent Form(s).
• Lead the development of contingency/risk management plans for projects and assist Director/Senior Director of Clinical Operations in the preparation and execution of sound development strategies.
• Provide support to clinical trial managers within and/or across programs.
• Budgets, timelines, and forecasts preparation for clinical studies.
• Interface with Finance, Program Management, Accounting, Supply Operations, Quality Assurance, Clinical Research, Commercial, Regulatory, Medical Affairs; which may include lading sub-teams and/or acting as a liaison between groups.
• Provide a variance analysis of budget to actual and notifies finance of projected cost over/under expenditure.
• Ability to travel (no more than annual average of 20%).
• Bachelor's Degree is required. An advanced degree in a scientific and/or business/finance discipline is preferred.
• Should have ideally 3+ years of clinical research experience gained with a CRO or Pharmaceutical Company working on later stage (Phase 2-4) multinational clinical studies. Experience in rare diseases and/or difficult to recruit patient populations preferred.
• 1-3+ years clinical project management experience with global clinical studies.
• Strong regulatory knowledge, including Good Clinical Practices (GCPs)
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to deal with competing priorities, also strong reasoning and problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills along with leadership qualities.
• Knowledge of global clinical trial management in fast paced CRO outsourced environment. Ability to assemble a plan and execute on the details.
• Apply project management best practices to programs. Experience in novel clinical drug development.
• Experience with protocol, ICF, CRF, CSR development and review.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with competing priorities.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and MS Project
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please call Nicky on + 44 1753 216 729
Please note that if your experience does not mirror that of the requirements for this role you may not receive a response.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
171 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.