Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK
Closing Date: 29 Oct 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
• Clinical Outsourcing Business Manager • Leading Pharmaceutical company • 6 month contract which maybe extended • Freelance opportunity • Office based Hertfordshire
The source department of Chiltern acts in a similar way to that of a staffing solutions provider. My client is a leading Pharmaceutical company; they are looking for a Clinical Outsourcing Business Manager to join their team office based in Hertfordshire. The position is a 6 month contract which maybe extended, candidates will work on a freelance basis.
To support the Clinical Development and UK Study Teams with sourcing and negotiating with external suppliers and vendors such as CROs, Labs, Technical companies.
A Business Manager will have the following area of focus:
Evaluates functional or project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies)
Defines project- or function- specific sourcing strategies with input from project team members of functional representatives, as appropriate.
Leads the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions or teams and potential vendors
Serves as primary contact to the PD teams or functions for the sourcing of their activities
Provide outsourcing services in support of Project Teams and functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, site assessment visit, contract development, change orders and issue management
Leads and conducts negotiations with vendors
Measures performance of vendors with respect to quality of work, cost, timelines and other related parameters
Implements the procurement strategy and policies within teams and functions
Ensures appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs
Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution
Guide project teams in identification and resolution of outsourcing issues
Serves as primary contact to teams for financial questions related to PVC management
Identify training needs related to service provider management and outsourcing process, including how to work most effectively with outsourcing service providers
Receive knowledge from Alliance/Key Account Management on service provider services and capabilities and industry trends, and feedback to them
Participate in process improvement or other projects that enhance and streamline outsourcing and contracting processes, systems, tools and other resources.
Supports teams on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis
Creates contracts, master agreements, work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc.
Delivers trainings to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes
Supports teams on PVC Management on a daily basis
Delivers trainings to teams on PVC management processes
• Ability to effectively negotiate business terms and financial costs
• High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
• Considerable understanding of drug development process
• Considerable and demonstrated business acumen
• Study / Project Management within the pharmaceutical and/or CRO sector (desirable)
• Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams
• Thorough understanding of:
o Clinical Development
o Contract Management
o Project and functional outsourcing management
o Ideally, partnership management
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
• Effective management of cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to work within a matrix
• Ability to work within a change management culture
• Ability to facilitate conflict resolution
• Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com
Please note that if your experience does not mirror that of the requirements for this role you may not receive a response.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
171 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.