Closing Date: 30 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
Cytel, the world’s largest biometrics CRO, is looking to expand its clinical services teams, primarily in Europe as well as the United States and India. An established leader in adaptive clinical trials, we aim to augment our expanding BDM and FSP section, as well as to build team/s of first class biostatisticians and statistical programmers.
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Reports to: Senior Vice President Sales & Business Development
We are seeking a Senior Director, Business Development to join our high growth sales team with responsibility for business development targeting biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies within Europe. In this newly created position, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and creating significant new revenue streams and on-going business opportunities to ensure that you meet or exceed bookings, revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives in your territory. Additionally, you will evaluate and secure new business opportunities through targeted new prospects and expansion of existing clients in the assigned territory.
The Director, Business Development will help build awareness for Cytel’s services capabilities, create new sales, successfully positioning the company’s strategy, vision and market leadership with key business executives and functional decision-makers in all customers and prospects. He/she will manage the sales process, ensuring opportunities are qualified technically and commercially, build the pipeline, run or assist as necessary with meetings, RFP’s, bid defenses etc., ensuring that the teams, process and preparedness on both the buyer and seller side are appropriate.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Oversee new business development and sales activities for consulting, biostatistics and data management services within Europe.
· Prospect and develop the territory by identifying target opportunities, customers and relationships.
· Schedule client meetings in support of qualified sales opportunities with Cytel personnel.
· Create, build and manage excellent client and Cytel relationships to improve territory performance.
Develop and execute account plans for targeted accounts that delineate goals and growth strategies for each relationship.
Ideally, you will have:
You will bring a demonstrated track record selling clinical trial services and a background in Statistical Programming, Data Management, or Statistics in a CRO, hospital or biopharma company.
Additional qualifications include:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific discipline.
· Track record of sales success in clinical development services targeting the biopharmaceutical sector.
· Experience selling biometrics services or clinical operations/regulatory services, and thorough understanding of clinical trials.
· Have or quickly develop a strong understanding of Statistical Programming, Data Management, and the Statistical design, simulation and analysis of clinical trials.
· Preferably started career in scientific, clin ops, stats or stat programming field and transferred into business development and sales.
· Existing relationships with key decision-makers across prospect and client organizations in the territory in clinical operations, biostatistics and data management functions and the ability and desire to leverage these to build Cytel’s services business.
· Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with research driven founders.
· Able to speak and write fluent German
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary-based package, along with bonus, comprehensive medical/healthcare insurance, plus a contributing pension.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
ICC, Bat. C, 2nd floor, Route de Pré-Bois, 20 C.P. 1839, 1215 Geneva 15, Switzerland
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.