Location: United Kingdom Birmingham
Closing Date: 26 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Practice Development Manager/ Consultant, Alcon,South UK Job Summary: Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness. ...
Practice Development Manager/ Consultant, Alcon,South UK
Do you want to work for Alcon Inc., the world’s leading eye care company dedicated to the provision of not only the highest quality eye care products but to also making significant contributions towards the fight to prevent and eliminate blindness.
The Practice Development Manager has responsibility for managing the clinical and commercial development of practices within key customer groups and supporting the development needs (clinical/commercial) of key customers, in partnership with the Business Development Manager and Regional Sales Manager.
• Development Managers work operationally in practice, with specific accounts who wish to realise their potential and grow their business in partnership with the Alcon team and their portfolio of products.
• The Practice Development Manager is jointly responsible, with the field sales team, for achieving the sales plan in these practices in the fiscal year.
• Coordinating closely with Key Account Managers, Business Development Managers, and Regional Sales Managers they will take ownership of building the skill set, core competencies and best practice to deliver the jointly agreed business plan.
• The Practice Development Manager will operate as an Ambassador for Alcon with a comprehensive understanding of the Alcon philosophy, an in depth knowledge of the Alcon Vision Care portfolio of products and a strong commercial acumen to support/guide practices to realise the joint business plans.
Alcon is the world leader in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• Qualified Optometrist or Contact Lens Optician.
• Fluency in English (verbal and written). Any other European language would be an asset.
• Several years contact lens experience with experience of fitting a variety of brands of contact lenses and optometric practice generally.
• Knowledge and experience in a territory/regional management role (target driven) beneficial, with a proven track record of appropriate achievements.
• Commercial awareness/business acumen of the vision care market and or pharmaceutical industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace.
• Proven experience in developing and establishing successful key relationships and delivering excellent standards of customer service.
• Influencing skills, relationship building and strategic planning skills.
• High clinical practice skills.
• Holder of a current full driving license.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.