Closing Date: 09 Dec 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
> Genentech/Roche is seeking an Assistant or Associate Medical Director to join the Atezolizumab Breast Cancer development team within Product Development Oncology. Atezolizumab (also known as MPDL3280A; anti-PDL1) is an investigational monoclonal antibody designed to interfere with PD-L1. ...
Genentech/Roche is seeking an Assistant or Associate Medical Director to join the Atezolizumab Breast Cancer development team within Product Development Oncology. Atezolizumab (also known as MPDL3280A; anti-PDL1) is an investigational monoclonal antibody designed to interfere with PD-L1. There are 11 ongoing or planned Phase III studies of atezolizumab across certain kinds of lung, kidney, breast and bladder cancer as well as a wide range of studies investigating atezolizumab in combination with other agents.
Roche’s Clinical Development organization is structured by therapeutic area and is responsible for developing and executing the late development (Phase II – IIIA) clinical strategies and plans that deliver medically-differentiated therapies that provide meaningful improvement to patients. The Assistant or Associate Medical Director role involves clinical representation on cross-functional teams responsible for the design, implementation, medical monitoring, data interpreting, reporting and publishing of studies conducted within the program.
• Participates in the overall management, planning, evaluation and documentation of projects and studies
• On-going clinical development activities including:
• Preparation of regulatory documents and interaction with global regulatory authorities
• Monitoring and reviewing incoming data
• Analysis, presentation and interpenetration of on-going studies and published data
• Interactions with health authorities and expert bodies
• Close collaboration with drug safety, regulatory affairs, medical affairs and clinical trial operations
• Participation in the preparation of abstracts, posters and presentations for scientific meetings and congresses
• Developing and writing clinical plans and protocols ensuring that they are scientifically sound
• Contributes clinical science input into the relevant therapeutic/disease area scientific strategy
• Collaborates with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders
• Maintains the highest standards and levels of scientific and clinical knowledge in the specific therapeutic and disease areas
Who you areIn hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
Who we areA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
UK Head Office
P.O. Box 8, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
|Tel:||+44 1707 36 6000|
|Fax:||+44 1707 33 8297|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.