Global Operations Program Director
Closing Date: 28 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Relocation is designated for this position.Position PurposeAs a core member of the Global Development Team (GDT) and the Global Life Cycle Team (LCT), the Operations Program Director (OPD) contributes to the development of the strategic plans for Pharma Development projects. As a member (or leader) of the Development Team, the OPD contributes to development and implementation of the CDP. ...
Relocation is designated for this position.
- As a core member of the Global Development Team (GDT) and the Global Life Cycle Team (LCT), the Operations Program Director (OPD) contributes to the development of the strategic plans for Pharma Development projects. As a member (or leader) of the Development Team, the OPD contributes to development and implementation of the CDP. For pRED/gRED projects, the OPD works with the early development teams to contribute early strategic input to the CDP.
- Accountable for operational strategic planning, oversight and delivery of all PDG program related activities within the development team and in accordance with the CDP.
- Accountable for providing leadership to all PDG staff assigned to the clinical program in the global matrix environment.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Makes broad contribution at strategic level including input into risk management plans, business value assessment and therapeutic area/indication expertise.
- Contributes to the development of the life cycle and clinical development plans and establishes the operational plan for a new program or study including scenario planning, high level forecasting of timelines, assessment of program level feasibility, estimation of resources and budget based on internal/external benchmarks, and development of high level operational strategies. Reviews the operational plan with the TA leadership for alignment within the TA. Communicates initial budget, timelines, and changes to review bodies as appropriate.
- Provides innovative and flexible operational solutions and options for the CDP.
- Provides disease area expertise and input to the function and the TA.
- Participates on in-licensing assessment as requested, providing strategic input as well as operational elements in terms of costs, resources and timelines.
- Accountable for meeting all operational deliverables in accordance with time, cost and quality commitments. Maintains an overview of status, issues, and proactively communicates progress, issues or changes that may impact timelines and costs of the program to all stakeholders including the TA leadership. Maintains internal consistency across studies within a program.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external partners; ensures alignment of operational program to the development teams goals.
- Provides program leadership to matrix teams within PDG including HQ, affiliate staff and study teams by providing program specific guidance, clinical trial management expertise, operational strategies, and direction to achieve results. Mentors and coaches PDG staff. Provides timely feedback to functional managers regarding staffing needs and individual performance in the program.
- May be assigned to one or more complex program.
- An OPL can be the Global Development Team Leader (GDTL), based on leadership skills and competencies.
- May represent Operations or take a leadership role in non-molecular projects (NMPs) and is in general asked to actively contribute to the optimization of existing as well as the development of new processes and tools in PDG/PD.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- First Degree, e.g., BS or MS in Scientific, Medical or Healthcare subject required. Further qualification, e.g. PhD or MBA preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical industry and drug development experience. Therapeutic area experience a plus.
- Demonstrated successful global clinical program management across phases l-IV.
- Substantial experience in organization, implementation, and delivery of global clinical programs.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of clinical drug development, proven experience in strategic planning, proven ability to understand and critically assess the global clinical development plans, protocol design, resources needs, global budgets and timelines for programs (in one or several countries).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and assist in the development of program strategies.
- Experience in leading teams in a matrix environment.
- Ability to maintain relevant knowledge of business, regulatory, and therapeutic advances that may impact life cycle planning or ongoing operational strategies.
- Strong analytical skills, including previous experience with forecasting and analyzing benchmarking research results. Ability to analyze complex activities and information to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Demonstrated leadership, influencing, communication and strategic project management skills. Communicates with energy and passion, to engage and inspire others.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute clinical development strategies. Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Demonstrated excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills; fluency in verbal and written English, any other language skills may be an asset
- Ability to work independently with appropriate consultation as needed.
- Travel: Some to considerable international travel will be required
Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases.Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.