Company: Barrington James Clinical
Location: France, Belgium, Netherlands
Reference: cs sci
Closing Date: 03 Nov 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
Lead research efforts directed towards the discovery and development of therapeutics that function as immune modulators for the treatment of cancer. Responsible for executing the Immune Oncology strategy across our areas of disease focus
Lead a team of cancer biologists and immunologists in the identification, validation, discovery and translational science of a portfolio of drug discovery programs that are focused on optimizing the host immune response to cancer.
Have extensive experience in the field of immuno oncology as demonstrated by a strong publications or will have led research teams in the identification of drug candidates that have successfully transitioned into clinical development. Extensive know how in the discovery and development of biologic based therapeutics is a strong plus. The Vice President will be responsible for implementing the strategy to identify and deliver high value immuno oncology research in coordination with the Head of Immuno Oncology.
The Vice President will interact with key stakeholders including the Oncology Disease area leaders, the Immunology Therapeutic area and the Biologics Research and Development group. Expected to help in creating an extensive external network of thought leaders in the field of immuno oncology.
• Act as scientific champion/networker help to shape strategy and tactics to drive Immuno Oncology portfolio.
• Together with discovery, early development, business development, and other partners, help shape strategies that support the Oncology TA growth objectives.
• Build relationships across company sectors and with other companies, foundations, academia, or other potential partners to support the Oncology Franchise.
• Support R&D collaborations in the development of proposals and business cases for internal reviews.
• Support and advance existing partnerships as a key member of the scientific team, and serve as a scientific champion or liaison for internal adoption when appropriate.
The candidate must have the leadership skills and entrepreneurial behaviors to develop initiatives to access new science, targets and leads
· Demonstrate a track record and talent for networking
· Experience in aligning actions with overall strategy on cross functional teams
· Experience in leading ad hoc, matrix-driven teams to advance projects
· Proven accomplishments in the field of Immuno Oncology
Advanced Degree in Immunology (PhD, MD or MD/PhD) with advanced experience
10+ years of Academic, Biotech or Pharma industry experience with overall focus on immuno oncology
Strong drug discovery experience and research in myeloid biology
Experience and successful accomplishments in leadership roles within a multi-functional R&D organization
Ability to integrate multiple R&D disciplines into a successful strategy and project plan
Expert knowledge of the drug discovery process and the competitive environment
Strong problem solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives
Demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence without clear reporting authority
Significant work experience in a leadership position in a team matrix environment
Strong planning and tracking skills
Strong oral and written communications skills
Want to find out more and APPLY NOW?
To find out more about this and other exciting opportunities based in the UK and Europe then please contact Christopher Swain now for an informal and confidential chat about industry possibilities. Send your C.V. to email@example.com or call 0441293776644.
Cswain “at” barringtonjames dot com
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.