Location: Kent, UK
Closing Date: 04 Nov 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Negotiable
• Principal Statistician • Freelance • 1 year contract • Full time • Office based Kent • Home working 1 day a week
The source department of Chiltern acts in a similar way to that of a staffing solutions provider. The department is currently seeking an experienced Principal Statistician to work for our client a leading pharmaceutical company. The role is a 1 year contract, working full time on a freelance basis office based in Kent, home working maybe considered 1 day a week.
The Principal Statistician is the global lead for the statistical strategy of one or more pre-clinical or clinical studies within (pre/early/full) device development. They are responsible for the discussion and implementation of modern and innovative study designs, statistical models, and analysis methodologies that optimally address the research objectives of the study.
• Provide strategic statistical scientific global leadership for assigned studies, comprising all relevant technical and investigational area knowledge.
• Negotiates and develops, in collaboration with R&D and NP&M, study objectives and transparent study quantitative risk/probability of success assessments
• In collaboration with medical team and the TRB influences and optimizes study designs aligned with the PRD. Leads the quantitative evaluation of competing study/analysis strategies assuring robust support to development planning and execution. May lead the contribution across multiple studies within the project.
• Contributes to the statistical scientific content for internal decision boards and regulatory/submission documents, responds to so study-specific HA questions.
• For assigned studies, is responsible for the full integration of modern aspects of device development including model-based development and statistical methodologies in collaboration with partners.
• Contributes to the statistical scientific solutions to support transition of device development milestones/decision boards.
• Represents the statistical team at study level internal/external meetings for strategic statistical scientific inputs.
• Ensures high quality for all assigned deliverables and processes and ensures audit-readiness.
• Ensures to deliver agreed timelines for statistical deliverables.
• Interacts/collaborates with internal/external partners and contractors to facilitate knowledge transfer
• Reports/presents work at internal/external meetings and conferences
• Carries out any other duties and tasks as deemed appropriate and necessary by the manager
• PhD in Statistics (or equivalent degree/knowledge)
• Should ideally have at least 3+ years industry experience
• Experience in influencing and negotiating clinical study designs with global leadership
• Good knowledge of device development and guidelines
• Experience in clinical study reporting
• Strong working knowledge/experience with SAS/R/Splus or any other business or research analytic software
• Good interpersonal and communication skills bridging scientific and business needs
• Good scientific leadership skills demonstrated in facilitating and optimizing study designs and analysis strategies.
• Exposure to use of modern study design/analysis methodologies
• Natural collaboration style building partnerships
• Good team player skills to enable and participate in the contribution of quantitative teams.
To apply for this position or for more information about the role please contact Nicky Cooke on + 44 1753 216 729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if your experience does not mirror that of the requirements for this role you may not receive a response.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Principal Statistician, Freelance, Contract, South East, Kent, Clinical Trials
171 Bath Road Slough Berkshire
SL1 4AA, UK
|Tel:||+44 (0) 1753 512000|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1753 511116|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.