Key Account Manager - Regional East or Midwest, USA
Company: Kyowa Kirin International plc
Location: Regional East or Midwest, USA
Closing Date: 20 Apr 17
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): Competitive
Critical role in establishing KKI as a leader in Oncology by demonstrating our commitment to supporting the efforts of Oncology healthcare providers in improving patient health outcomes and becoming a trusted resource in demonstrating value
Key Account Manager:
This is a critical role in establishing KKI as a leader in Oncology by demonstrating our commitment to supporting the efforts of Oncology healthcare providers in improving patient health outcomes and becoming a trusted resource in demonstrating value.
This role can be based in the Midwest or East, near a large regional airport.
The individual in this role will drive an effective account planning and management process by identifying key influencers within the assigned accounts and building relationships all the way up to the executive level in those accounts. The individual will leverage those relationships to lead and execute a cross functional team plan which ultimately results in increased KKI product sales.
The KAM reports into the National Sales Director but serves as the lead point of contact for account management activities within the assigned large Oncology Group Practices within a Region; therefore, works closely with the RSMs and field sales Oncology reps. The position is also responsible for obtaining and managing profitable business for KKI’s products by building strong professional relationships based on service, product knowledge, integrity and trust within the accounts. The individual will develop, manage and execute account business plans that deliver results consistently.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the primary KKI interface for the Oncology business of the customer account
- and is responsible for the overall customer experience with Oncology stakeholders in the account.
- Acts as a liaison between the account stakeholders and KKI Oncology Sales Specialists by facilitating rep access to HCPs for those accounts as needed.
- Establishes relationships and maintains an effective communication network with the customer at multiple levels, including corporate personnel, medical directors, quality directors, pharmacy directors and financial directors.
- Provides approved disease/product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders at the executive and implementation level within oncology accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of oncology standards of care and emerging clinical trends, and is able to articulate approved, on-label product information related to these topics.
- Develops decision maker relationships in order to support clinical protocol development with approved, on-label information and resources related to KKI products.
- Refers requests for off-label information to the KKI’s medical department through the MIR process.
- Knowledgeable on KKI’s GPO Contracts and provides approved information related to such contracts to the appropriate Oncology practice stakeholders. Supports contract pull-through within those accounts.
- Provide a consultative approach with key accounts' senior leadership in efforts to identify unmet needs, within key therapeutic categories, translating those back to the organization and uses existing tools to address those needs in an expense efficient and compliant manner.
- Understands current state and emerging trends in business operations affecting Oncology practice management such as payer initiatives, approved patient financial assistance offerings, EMR capabilities, and pathway/protocol development.
- Obtain favorable formulary status within assigned accounts as applicable.
- Review and analyze contracted product performance within accounts and take and/or evolve actions as appropriate (monitor contracts, plan execution, value, volume growth, market share, etc.)
- Strictly adhere to relevant regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 6 years pharmaceutical account management and/or sales experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience within the Oncology marketplace
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Key Account Manager in the Oncology marketplace
- Proven track record of sales success in the Oncology marketplace.
- Positive existing relationships within assigned accounts will be favored.
- This position will be field based and will require approx. 30% to 40% overnight travel depending on territory.
- Computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.
- Must have the ability to differentiate themselves in the marketplace from a market intelligence, product knowledge and selling perspective.
- Excellent organizational/communication skills, initiative, and ambition to succeed are all essential.