Company: SEC Recruitment
Closing Date: 26 Oct 16
Salary (£): Negotiable
Chemical StatisticianScotlandOur client, a leading global organization, requires a Chemical Statistician to work closely with scientific, engineering and manufacturing staff and support senior management, whilst also responsible for the development and delivery of training to technical staff. The role requires expertise in statistical methods and software to facilitate delivery of data analyses in support of technical work programs. ...
Our client, a leading global organization, requires a Chemical Statistician to work closely with scientific, engineering and manufacturing staff and support senior management, whilst also responsible for the development and delivery of training to technical staff. The role requires expertise in statistical methods and software to facilitate delivery of data analyses in support of technical work programs. In order to assist scientists and engineers it is essential that candidates have an excellent understanding of chemical analysis and chemical processing.
- Engage with scientific and technical staff to support best practice in measurement, data-analysis, statistically designed experimentation, statistical process control, and process development and optimization
- Promote the adoption and development of sound scientific methodology at all times and promote the use of statistical techniques throughout the organization.
- Ensure that statistical and data-mining software tools are fit for purpose and provide technical support .
- Advise technical and manufacturing staff on design and interpretation of experimental programs and on the acquisition and analysis of plant data, in order to develop improved methodologies or products.
- Proactively devise and deliver appropriate training programmes in statistical methods to enable more efficient research, development or manufacturing activity and to efficiently address problems.
- Engage in continuing professional development in the fields of statistics, numerical analysis, data acquisition and data-handling to ensure that useful new and rediscovered techniques are widely publicised and promoted
- Provide a statistical advisory service to the wider business
-Thorough understanding of basic statistics
- Experience of providing tailored training and coaching in statistics and data-analysis to colleagues with varying levels of knowledge
- Confident personality with strong influencing skills
- Five years' experience in the chemical or allied processing industries.
- Three years' experience in applied statistical methods.
- Expertise in statistical software packages.
- A higher-degree, or equivalent qualification and experience in chemistry, chemometrics or applied statistics.
- Strong expertise in computer databases.
- Experience in chemometrics
- Demonstrable track-record in organisational change
For a confidential consultation call Alison Burton on 0044 (0) 207 255 6665 or email your CV to email@example.com
SEC Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency and/or Employment Business.
Pharmaceutical, clinical trials, statistician, statistics, statistical, SAS, programmer, programming, statistics, statistician, biostatistics, biostatistician
3rd Floor, 13-15 Moorgate London.
|Tel:||00 44 (0) 207 255 6600|
|Fax:||00 44 (0) 1483 888997|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.