Location: Flexible, EU
Closing Date: 05 Nov 16
Salary (£): Competitive
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Project Director to join our Early Clinical Development, Oncology team in EU! More details at http://jobsearch.covance.com/jobs/1412595-Project-Director-ECD-Oncology.aspx
Covance is one of the world's largest, most well regarded contract research organizations. We have an exciting opportunity available for a Project Director to join our Early Clinical Development, Oncology team in EU.
About the role:
Oversees and directs multiple clinical trials concurrently. Responsibilities typically include developing and managing budgets, timelines, and quality guidelines for projects, thereby ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating risks. They supervise and assess the performance of the core team members and motivate, train and develop the team's expertise to ensure efficient and effective day-to-day operations, while maintaining good relationships with sponsors.
- Partner with Financial Analyst to report revenue and milestone projections through study completion.
- Proactively identify out of scope activities, execute necessary change orders and support negotiations with client on project budget issues.
- Accountable for budget across assigned projects and/or programs.
- Develop strategies to control and minimize write-offs across projects and/or programs.
- Manage client expectations. Anticipate client needs and plan accordingly.
- Find creative and cost-effective ways to meet quality metrics agreed with client and key stakeholders.
- Use Experience from past projects and lessons learned to adapt and implement quality improvements across projects currently being managed.
- Ensure project risks are discussed at project reviews. Monitor and control the risk plan and provide ongoing oversight to ensure mitigation plans are in place and working. Escalate risks newly identified by the project team to stakeholders.
- May be assigned line management responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff. In the absence of line management responsibilities, the Project Director will be expected to mentor project management staff.
- Develop and manage client project metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- University degree
- Thorough knowledge of clinical project management processes.
- Thorough knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
- Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
- Significant relevant clinical research Experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including full project management responsibility in Oncology
- Experience in managing global programs with large financial value and complicated structure, multiple vendors and/or sub-CROs and Academic Research Organizations in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to utilize resources effectively on large global scale including programs with multiple budgets
- Financial awareness and ability to actively manage financial tracking systems.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence presenting to senior management.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to present to staff at all levels.
- Ability to mentor junior level staff
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of range of computer programs.
THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO JOIN US!
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.