Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 22 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Project Manager, Medical Communications (Publications) Job Summary: Novartis is currently recruiting for a Publications Project Manager to join the Medical Communications team in Dublin, Ireland. Job purpose This role functionally reports into the Scientific Writing Team Lead, who is accountable for the delivery of the customer plans. This Project Manager role supports the management of the customer Medical Communications Plan. ...
Project Manager, Medical Communications (Publications)
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Publications Project Manager to join the Medical Communications team in Dublin, Ireland.
This role functionally reports into the Scientific Writing Team Lead, who is accountable for the delivery of the customer plans. This Project Manager role supports the management of the customer Medical Communications Plan. The primary responsibility of the role is the management of the delivery tactical plans for Medical Communications services for designated products and brands. This includes: managing and tracking the agreed Medical Communications tactical plans to schedule; highlighting issues and risks (including quality items, timelines and fit to strategy) and proposing required changes; supporting external spend management and tracking; ensuring alignment of tactical plans to budget and reporting on tactical plan management status. This role works across PLS delivery teams responsible for aspects of the plan and where required this may also include liaison with agreed external providers. The role also supports the Scientific Writing and Events Team Leads with required customer engagement in relation to the management of the tactical plan. This Project Manager role requires a sound scientific acumen with the ability to foster and champion effective working relationships between PLS delivery teams and the cross functional customer.
• Supporting review of strategic plans, to determine key inputs for the development of the tactical plans.
• Supporting engagement of relevant PLS experts across Medical Communications.
• Supporting required planning sessions and workshops for the development of the tactical plans
• Ensuring standard requirements for tactical plan are in place (e.g. objectives, scope, schedule, resources required, budget), to support effective ongoing management
• Supports the Team Leads with required customer engagement as part of the development of the tactical plans
• Supports initiation and planning of tactical plans in preparation for effective management. This includes checking deliverables are defined, schedules are in place and responsibilities are allocated. Any issues for remediation to be discussed and resolved with the Team Leads/ Product Manager
• Arranges regular status calls with the allocated PLS team (and where agreed, other providers) to track status.
• Ensuring required customer engagement in relation to the management of the tactical plan.
• Ensuring updates of the required tools (e.g. DataVision) to reflect plan status is completed
• Organizing and maintaining an issue and risk log for the tactical plan, with responsible owners assigned.
• Proactively identify items for attention (including quality, timelines an fit to strategy)
• Propose required changes, remediation steps, supporting the assigned owners as required to build a plan to address.
• Ensuring open and transparent communication and logging of issue and risks by the PLS teams and other stakeholders.
• Highlight to Team Leads (and where appropriate the customer) key issues and risks for attention and plans to remediate.
• Ensuring required financial processes are followed for external spend
• Supporting delivery teams with required actions relating to external spend (e.g. approvals, purchase orders, goods received)
• Supporting finance with required reporting on external spend
• Tracking the tactical plan against the PLS SLA
• Where agreed tracking other aspects of the tactical plan delivered by other providers (e.g. logistics / travel companies)
• Highlighting to the Team Leads/ Product Manager and deviations to budget, also sharing supporting recommendations.
• Production of reports on tactical plan status for both PLS (detailed tracking plan) and the customer (e.g. highlight report)
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-calibre candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’ Minimum requirements Requirements
• Postgraduate qualification in Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical Sciences (desirable)
• Fluent English (oral and written).
• Experience working as a project/operations/account executive/manager in the service industry (preferably medical writing, pharmaceutical industry or CROs).
• Has a track record in managing delivery of plans, including managing status calls, tracking schedules, managing issues and risks, budget tracking and status report.
• Has experience working in matrixed teams.
• Ideally, has experience working in either medical information, events or communications.
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.