Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 22 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Job Summary: Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Global PMO & Program Lead, Novartis, Dublin. Novartis is currently recruiting for a Global PMO & Program Lead in its global Service Development function. ...
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Global PMO & Program Lead, Novartis, Dublin.
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Global PMO & Program Lead in its global Service Development function.
Job purpose :
The Global Project Management Office (PMO) Lead is responsible for coordinating significant strategic transition projects resulting in the delivery of new Product Lifecycle Service (PLS) solutions to customers as well as the day to day management of the PLS Project Management Office. This role spans across Dublin, Basel and Hyderabad primarily. Management of the PMO includes overseeing the portfolio of PLS business projects across multiple sites. This includes the management of the global Service Development resource capacity plan (permanent and contract hires), the global Service Development budget, and project, program and portfolio reporting to high level stakeholders. It includes ownership of the PLS Service Development & transition method, GATE (Getting Activities Transitioned Effectively) and all associated tools, templates and processes, along with the ownership of the PLS processes for change controls and pilots. Significant collaboration with the PLS Service Development and Service Delivery teams is required across multiple locations, in addition to partnering with other NBS towers, including IT, HR and Procurement on cross-functional projects.
• Manage the PLS project portfolio, including the PLS pipeline, and associated reporting processes with high level stakeholders
• Drive discussions with senior management on project priorities for PLS, resource capacity planning and associated budgets
• Own the PLS Service Development & transition method, GATE (Getting Activities Transitioned Effectively) and all associated tools, templates and processes. Drive continuous improvement in this area
• Manage and drive the global Service Development budget with Finance and Service Development senior management
• Own of the PLS processes for change control and pilots
• Work with IT and Procurement on cross-functional initiatives Program management: There will be times that this role will be required to deliver individual programs, this may include:
• Assist senior management in the definition and prioritization of projects, continuously challenging the current operating model and identifying further improvement opportunities within and across functions
• Drive the solution development and implementation process for a program area
• Provide regular inputs and manage progress reporting, working with transition managers
• Drive make vs. buy decisions and action any resulting offshoring or outsourcing activities
• Manage the transition process (overseeing the work of Transition Managers) on an end-to-end basis
• Ensure the solution is properly designed and implemented according to the PLS methodology (GATE)
• Work with functional and IT resources to specify the elements of the solution
• Challenge and stretch functional and customer teams to do what is needed to hit the business case
• Ensure that all SLA, quality and risk management activities are undertaken on the process area
• Track the outcome and savings generated by the projects
• Plan and manage stakeholder engagement, change management and alignment across the organization
• Build, organize and sustain multi-disciplinary teams – customer, functional, IT, third party.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-caliber candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements Requirements:
• Postgraduate degree in technical or business discipline
• Further education in Change management, Project management, Facilitation /Coaching
• Preferred: Management consulting, Outsourcing or Pharmaceutical exposure
• English Preferred: a second major European language
• Functional and/or working knowledge of Commercial Services (e.g. Sales Force Effectiveness, Brand Insights, Brand Marketing) & Medical Services (e.g. Medical Communications, Medical Information) desirable
• A proven change agent with significant project and program management experience
• Ideally this will involve large scale, cross-functional projects across multiple disciplines (sales, marketing, finance, development, technical operations) resulting in significant business impact
• Demonstrated analytical, process-oriented and data driven mindset - A proven ability to manage business cases but to also see beyond the numbers, get straight to the heart of issues and provide insights
• Significant experience, and proven ability to manage, team with, and motivate associates of widely varying backgrounds across a dispersed and matrixed organization
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.