Location: Ireland Dublin
Closing Date: 25 Oct 16
Type: Full Time
Salary (£): On Application
Job Summary: Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Senior Statistician, Novartis, Dublin. Novartis is currently recruiting for a Senior Statistician within the Clinical function. ...
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Senior Statistician, Novartis, Dublin.
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Senior Statistician within the Clinical function.
The Senior Statistician will be responsible for leading and delivering statistical analytic solutions for multiple Phase I-IV clinical trials at a trial level by executing SAPs, ensuring high quality and timely production of statistical reporting deliverables (analysis datasets, tables, listings and graphs). Supervise CROs as required and ensure timely deliverables.
• Lead the statistical activities for a trial or publication activities.
• Provide scientific input into protocols by advising on most appropriate study design, hypothesis testing strategy, sample size calculations and analysis methods.
• Responsible and accountable for transcribing statistical analysis plans (SAPs) into computational solutions for the statistical programmer to implement (specifications of derived variables, specification and development of statistical computing solutions for inferential statistical analyses, tables and listings templates for the first interpretable results (FIR) and clinical study reports (CSR)) of Phase I-IV clinical trials.
• Responsible and accountable for SAP execution across multiple studies, third party reporting activities, exploratory analyses and additional analyses to support publications for individual clinical trials.
• Ensure high quality for all assigned deliverables and processes and ensure audit-readiness.
• Maintain efficient interfaces with internal and external customers with support of clinical trial services (CTS) management.
• Ensure adherence to timelines for statistical deliverables.
• Develop and comply with project / study standards and specifications following internal guidelines.
• Provide statistical analysis solutions when exploratory analyses are required.
• Make certain that documents and specifications are consistent and comply with company standards by providing input into case report forms (CRFs) and data structures tables, listings and figures for phase I-IV clinical trials and submission activities.
• Participate in the selection of clinical research organizations (CROs) and supervise the trial activities of the CROs as needed.
• Support quality control and quality audit of deliverables.
• Provide input on process improvement initiatives and participate in non-clinical project activities with support from Group Head.
About the Novartis Global Service Centre in Dublin:
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC), Dublin, was set up in 2013 and is located in a state-of-the-art facility on the Merrion Road in Ballsbridge. The center, one of five around the world, delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions and organizations worldwide. Services offered by the Dublin team include scientific and commercial services, IT, HR Operations and Procurement. There are currently several hundred associates employed at the site with 32 nationalities speaking 28 languages.
The operation is continuing to grow rapidly and has a number of exciting vacancies for experienced high-caliber candidates who are interested in working as part of an international team delivering services globally. Novartis offers a rewarding career and a comprehensive benefits package.
Novartis is a world-leading healthcare company that provides innovative solutions to address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. Novartis Group companies employ approximately 120,000 full-time-equivalent associates and its products are available in more than 180 countries around the world.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-P Minimum requirements Requirements:
• Education: MS/PhD (in Statistics or equivalent) with 5+ relevant years’ work experience
• Languages: Fluent English (oral and written)
• Working knowledge of/experience with SAS/ R or any other business or research analytic software with an expertise in at least one type of software.
• Statistical and numerical knowledge and expertise in analytic aspects.
• Good understanding of global clinical trial practices, procedures, methodologies.
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons
Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Limited
Frimley Business Park
|Tel:||+44 (0)1276 692255|
|Fax:||+44 (0)1276 692508|
|Website:||Visit Our Web Site|
PharmiWeb.com is Europe's leading industry-sponsored portal for the Pharmaceutical sector, providing the latest jobs, news, features and events listings.
The information provided on PharmiWeb.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician.